LB David Alston [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Alston commit?

• Nebraska
    • Minnesota
    • Iowa State
    • Utah

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

After having read several of the threads for players in the 2018 recruiting class, it appears to me that the focus of this 2018 class is depth for the future, not finding guys to come in and play right away.

I'm not seeing many players, aside from RB Greg Bell and QB Adrian Martinez who could come in and start right away.  Most of the players we've signed thus far seem to be redshirt guys who'll take a couple years to develop.

The 2019 class and beyond should be the top-notch class(es) we're looking for.  

Honas?

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

After having read several of the threads for players in the 2018 recruiting class, it appears to me that the focus of this 2018 class is depth for the future, not finding guys to come in and play right away.

I'm not seeing many players, aside from RB Greg Bell and QB Adrian Martinez who could come in and start right away.  Most of the players we've signed thus far seem to be redshirt guys who'll take a couple years to develop.

The 2019 class and beyond should be the top-notch class(es) we're looking for.  

4 jucos says to me we are looking for immediate impact players

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

But 4 jucos, out of a class of say 20 prospects doesn't seem to me as pushing or excessive.

If you take too many Jucos you class numbers will get screwed eventually. High school kids have to be a high percentage of your class. You cant take 10-12 Jucos a year. 

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, C N Red said:

If you take too many Jucos you class numbers will get screwed eventually. High school kids have to be a high percentage of your class. You cant take 10-12 Jucos a year. 

I know.  What I meant was, aside from those jucos, this class seems to be foundational class.  They're bringing in jucos to fill the immediate holes, while laying the foundation for development.  I could be wrong, but right now that's how, to my eyes, the 2018 class is shaping up.

• 4 weeks later...

I keep watching David's senior tape and I see so much to like. We know he's intelligent off the field but you can also see that on the field. He diagnoses plays very well and his athletic ability is really good. Even then, it looks like that ability is a bit untapped. He has so much room for growth physically and if he does everything he's asked, I can even see him contributing earlier than expected. You can't teach a lot of what he has. 

• Plus1 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...