LB David Alston [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Alston commit?

• Nebraska
    • Minnesota
    • Iowa State
    • Utah

This poll is closed to new votes

Lots of Ivy league schools on that offer list, must be a pretty smart kid. I'd be willing to take a chance on a kid like him with intelligence paired with our S&C program. Would love immediate impact players, but depth down the road will be important too. Definitely needs a redshirt year to build up some strength and fine tune some technique. Main concern to me (who asked me anyway) would be his hands. I'm afraid at the next level when he faces more skills, he's going to get latched on to and not have the ability to escape. You can work on that, but right now he's not creating much separation or showing many moves that he'll need against equally or more talented competition. Athleticism and motor are certainly there. Pair that with the ability to learn a scheme inside and out and you've got a foundation for a strong player in a few years.

Seems like a no brainer in a class of 23, but a class of 15-18 makes it harder to find a spot for someone like this who you'd otherwise love to have in your program.

• Mavric changed the title to LB David Alston [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic