Our daughter was in the hospital for RSV for 4 days when she was almost 2 years old. The nurses wanted to collect her pee to make sure she was staying hydrated, it was more accurate to measure in the measuring cup "thing" rather than weighing her diapers so they gave it a shot. For whatever reason, our daughter thought it was fun to pee in the potty so she kept doing it. She came home from the hospital potty trained.

Once she was home, her brothers saw it and wanted to try it too. Worked like a charm!

So, my advice: hang out with a bunch of sick kids :)

• Fire 1

Try to make it fun.

Don't get yourself too worked up or stressed, she can pick up on that

Depending on her personality - dare her "I bet you can't ...", or playing off of funhusker - measure her urine and challenger her to make more next time

Boys are interesting with the aiming thing going on. My niece tried to train her son. Always missed to the left. Turns out his urethra "took a left turn" - it did not point straight out!

I should clarify, my story was only about "pee". Wanted to give you a heads up that just because they pee on the toilet doesn't mean pooping happens at the same time. And vice versa. I want to say it was a solid (no pun intended :) ) 6 months after peeing, that our one son finally pooped in the toilet more often than not...

Sticker book as a reward for making potty in the toilet. Go to the store let them pick whatever stickers and book to put them in.

Try going straight to underwear from diapers minus naps and bedtime. My daughter hated having an accident because of the uncomfortable feeling of wet underwear.

Set a routine, try taking them to the potty every 20 minutes or so.

Obviously there will be accidents so if you do go straight to underwear there will be wet floors or furniture, either have cleaning stuff ready or do underwear on skin then a pull up then clothes.