Shawn Eichorst continues to be the problem

This is Basketball related. Eichorst continues to not get it.

When he came out and said we were keeping Miles, I assumed he had an idea of where things sat with the players... 4 transfers later and 1-2 more could happen, shows SE continues to be disconnected from the players.

The biggest knock after he fired Bo was all the players saying this was the first time they saw SE around and he suddenly is acting like he is involved.

I get that he cant know that guys like Morrow, Horne and Jacobson were going to transfer, but he should have a better understanding of where things stand with the players and the coach. Firing Miles now doesnt magically get these guys back, so his chance to potentially save some of the talent is gone.

I am not taking away blame from Miles or the players but SE is so disconnected from the student athletes.

Fire Shawn. I dont want him anywhere near any future hiring process.

• Fire 2

What AD in college athletics is connected to the athletes? His job is the business end of the athletic department - hiring, firing and building a brand etc. Not managing the day to day opinions of thousands of student athletes at the University.

I don't have enough knowledge of the situation to debate your other comments, but saying an AD should know how a player feels is just silly.

What AD in college athletics is connected to the athletes? His job is the business end of the athletic department - hiring, firing and building a brand etc. Not managing the day to day opinions of thousands of student athletes at the University.

I don't have enough knowledge of the situation to debate your other comments, but saying an AD should know how a player feels is just silly.

Having an awareness of where things sit in a program is not silly, its his job. If the people who report up to him are failing, before he chooses to retain them he should have an idea of the status of where things are at internally.

I am not saying he needs to sit and meet with every athlete, but should have a better idea of where things are at... Nothing silly about that.

• Fire 1

The CEO of my company would have zero ideas on which entry level employees are looking at other opportunities.

Miles reports directly to SE. Therefore when reviewing whether or not to retain someone, he should do research and know where things sit.

When you have an employee who isnt performing and you review whether or not to retain them, part of that review should be the status of their team/direct reports.

He is so disconnected from everything.

• Fire 1

The CEO of my company would have zero ideas on which entry level employees are looking at other opportunities.

Miles reports directly to SE. Therefore when reviewing whether or not to retain someone, he should do research and know where things sit.

When you have an employee who isnt performing and you review whether or not to retain them, part of that review should be the status of their team/direct reports.

So coaches are to inform SE how each one of their players "feels". Would him telling SE that he was going to lose a bunch of guys impact his job status? Would you as Miles sugar coat it to make yourself look better?

• Fire 2

So coaches are to inform SE how each one of their players "feels". Would him telling SE that he was going to lose a bunch of guys impact his job status? Would you as Miles sugar coat it to make yourself look better?

No, I am asking SE to look past Miles and do research outside of his conversation with Tim.

He cant afford to do that for every team/coach but if he is reviewing someone like Miles it makes sense to ask around, support staff, players, SID- Shamus and see what the mood is.

• Fire 1

If I were to guess, I'm betting that a component of Miles' evaluation each year is retention (in addition to recruiting, graduating seniors, games won, tourney appearances etc). This will impact him for sure.

Anyone who manages knows that you have to document achievements by measurables. Making players' opinions of the coach or the system or understanding how they feel isn't a tangible measurement. Nor is it a fair one when you're talking about 18 year olds who are bitter if they don't get enough mins or if they didn't get the jersey number they wanted. If 360 feedback is included then its just one portion of an evaluation, and bosses, coworkers and peers have heavier weighting. More often than not 360 is used for development, not firing.