Final Thoughts on Transfers

Don't really feel like this year needs much production out of the freshman - if it happens then it's a bonus. Looking more that it is time for the veterans/transfers to lead the way.

We don't have enough talent to only rely on vetrans/transfers. We need every bit of production we can get, and then some.

Unless your standards and goals are much lower than mine.

The problem with the vets is the lack of scoring.

Shoot even 15 from Watson and 10 from Jordy gets you to 25. Which means the other 3 starters need to come up with 40 points.

Here is where I'm at with scoring and what we need.

Watson 17 ppg

Gill 6 ppg

McVeigh 6 ppg

Copeland 10 ppg

Jordy 8 ppg

Allen 8 ppg

Palmer 3 ppg

Nana 4 ppg

Taylor 2 ppg

Duby 3 ppg

Roby 6 ppg

I feel like those numbers are doable.

Don't really feel like this year needs much production out of the freshman - if it happens then it's a bonus. Looking more that it is time for the veterans/transfers to lead the way.

We don't have enough talent to only rely on vetrans/transfers. We need every bit of production we can get, and then some.

Shoot even 15 from Watson and 10 from Jordy gets you to 25. Which means the other 3 starters need to come up with 40 points.

Watson 17 ppg

Gill 6 ppg

McVeigh 6 ppg

Copeland 10 ppg

Jordy 8 ppg

Allen 8 ppg

Palmer 3 ppg

Nana 4 ppg

Taylor 2 ppg

Duby 3 ppg

Roby 6 ppg

An 11 man rotation might work against crappy non-conference teams, but that will need to tighten up a bit during conference play. I think you should only really look at 8 or 9 players during conference season.

• Fire 3

Watson 17 ppg

Gill 6 ppg

McVeigh 6 ppg

Copeland 10 ppg

Jordy 8 ppg

Allen 8 ppg

Palmer 3 ppg

Nana 4 ppg

Taylor 2 ppg

Duby 3 ppg

Roby 6 ppg

An 11 man rotation might work against crappy non-conference teams, but that will need to tighten up a bit during conference play. I think you should only really look at 8 or 9 players during conference season.
I would agree.

Watson 17 ppg

Gill 6 ppg

McVeigh 6 ppg

Copeland 10 ppg

Jordy 8 ppg

Allen 8 ppg

Palmer 3 ppg

Nana 4 ppg

Taylor 2 ppg

Duby 3 ppg

Roby 6 ppg

This comparison is very "what if" based, but so are your projections.

That's 73ppg. If we scored 73 ppg last year we'd of went 15-16 (there were 2 games where 73 would have tied, so I counted 1 a L and 1 a W).

Obviously not a accurate measure, but it would suggest that scoring 73ppg last year wouldn't have got us where we need to be.

• Fire 2

73 a game? Wow that seems freaking high once conference play starts.

Also, Like ColodorkoHusker said...the rotation won't be 11 deep...it will be 7 deep, maybe 8.

Not if we convert to the Grinnell basketball method. 5-man line changes every couple minutes! :lol:

• Fire 1

I think our standards are in line - My expectations are just very high on the guys that have been around. I try to never expect much from a 1st year guy at a new (higher) level. Where as a multi year player or a guy coming into an equal or lower level should be ready to go. With that said, i'm expecting a lot from Gill and Roby and thinking that one transfer will surprise us.

I think our standards are in line - My expectations are just very high on the guys that have been around. I try to never expect much from a 1st year guy at a new (higher) level. Where as a multi year player or a guy coming into an equal or lower level should be ready to go. With that said, i'm expecting a lot from Gill and Roby and thinking that one transfer will surprise us.
Thanks for the response. I am high on Roby as well, all he needs is strength and confidence.

Gill on the other hand I'm not counting on. He's an extremely streaky shooter and a high volume one at that. But when he's on he's exactly what we need.

Transfers wise I'm cautiously optimistic on Copeland. He's got the talent, but he's coming off back surgery.

Palmer I'm not sold on. He's a decent 3pt shooter but I'm not sure a difference maker.