K Barret Pickering [Nebraska Commit]

Hoover Alabama

• You cannot reply to this topic
63 replies to this topic

Poll: HuskerBoard Predictor (22 member(s) have cast votes)

To which school will Pickering commit?

1. Nebraska (22 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Vanderbilt (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Texas (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 45,377 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

https://twitter.com/JoshHarveyScout/status/864922534688550913

bKzWyb.jpgI7yKkp.jpgelgfqt.jpg

#52 Bad2theBONES

Scout Team

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

Pickering gets third star for rivals rating. Which seems to me to be a little low given what he was rated by the Kohl's kicking camp.

https://n.rivals.com...ickering-185006

#53 Atbone95

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:42 PM

Pickering gets third star for rivals rating. Which seems to me to be a little low given what he was rated by the Kohl's kicking camp.

https://n.rivals.com...ickering-185006

By my limited research, a 5.5 3* is actually the highest rank Rivals awards to kickers. So they're essentially "maxing him out" already. 

#54 teachercd

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:54 AM

He totally should have used special effects in his highlight video.  Like the ball exploding when he kicked it or flames coming out of the back of the ball.

Gotta love the PPC

#55 Hedley Lamarr

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

He totally should have used special effects in his highlight video.  Like the ball exploding when he kicked it or flames coming out of the back of the ball.

Thats how you get a 4th star
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

#56 Young Grand Island Husker

Scout Team

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

Got ranked number 1 kicker by 247
Three star

#57 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 45,377 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

Got ranked number 1 kicker by 247
Three star

Those are actually the Composite numbers.

247 hasn't rated him.

bKzWyb.jpgI7yKkp.jpgelgfqt.jpg

#58 Young Grand Island Husker

Scout Team

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:12 AM

That is what I meant

#59 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,373 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:29 AM

Husker commit ranked No. 1 at position
Nebraska's kicker commit gets No. 1 ranking.
Michael Bruntz - May 31, 10:45 PM

Nebraska is off to a tremendous start with it 2018 class, holding commits from several elite defensive backs and wide receivers.  Add another spot to that list: kicker.

Nebraska kicker commit Barret Pickering is now the No. 1 kicker in the country according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

LINK

Here's the article about that.  We've had a lot of great kickers over the years.  Barret may be the most highly ranked one coming out of high school.   :thumbs

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.
walkforchildren2014_small.jpg

#60 STL Husker

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:28 AM

Nebraska is off to a tremendous start with it 2018 class, holding commits from several elite defensive backs and wide receivers.  Add another spot to that list: kicker.

Nebraska kicker commit Barret Pickering is now the No. 1 kicker in the country according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

LINK

Here's the article about that.  We've had a lot of great kickers over the years.  Barret may be the most highly ranked one coming out of high school.   :thumbs

I think Jordan Congdon was rated as the #1 kicker in the country when we got him and Mauro Bondi was pretty high too but I don't think as high.  I'm actually embarrassed by my kicker recruit knowledge so I'm going to stop now.

#61 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,373 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:15 AM

LINK

I think Jordan Congdon was rated as the #1 kicker in the country when we got him and Mauro Bondi was pretty high too but I don't think as high.  I'm actually embarrassed by my kicker recruit knowledge so I'm going to stop now.

Yeah, that's right.  I forgot about Jordon Congdon.  Funny that most of our best kickers haven't been rated nearly as high as Congdon or Bondi.  

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.
walkforchildren2014_small.jpg

#62 broganreynik

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:40 AM

Kunalic was pretty highly rated wasn't he? I know C******n recruited him after going for it on 4th down vs. Auburn, because he didn't have faith in Congdon's leg.
Posted Image
The Power of the Westerstache!

#63 HuskermanMike

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

Recruiting has to be a lot better now that we have the number one overall player at a position! This guy will start as a freshman and may have some growing pains but inside 50 this guy should be really good. 

Mike Riley supporter 

Fan of Alternate Uniforms

"I don't expect to win enough games to be put on NCAA probation. I just want to win enough to warrant an investigation."

--Bob Devaney, on his days as Nebraska coach.

#64 Warrior10

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,245 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:46 AM

Will attend FNL on the 23rd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users