Fox News Scandals

OK...I was wondering how long it would take for this defense to come out. Quite frankly, it took longer than I thought. When you have Roger Ailes and now O'Reilly being accused of sexual harassment. We have a President in office that obviously doesn't have a problem with harassing married women and even thinks his own daughter is a nice piece of ass.

Obviously, it's liberals fault.

Seriously....what has happened to conservatives when they still support people like this?

I was at breakfast today with my mom and her husband, and they were talking about Bill O'Reilly being "targeted" by "liberal" groups. I rolled my eyes.

1. I quickly pointed out that Fox News had paid out nearly 15 million to multiple women to settle harassment claims.

2. Fox News wouldn't have paid out the money if there wasn't any truth to the accusations.

3. Bill O'Reilly should have just hired hookers.

That pretty much shut the entire "Bill O'Reilly is a victim of liberal activists" conversation down. LOL.

Except that Bill O'Reilly's culture of choice prohibits hookers from existing.

Very droll.

:thumbs

So kind of an off-shoot question, but one that probably doesn't deserve its own thread...

You're a "big brain" at MSNBC, CNN, et al...do you hire Bill O'Reilly? Now, before you knee-jerk reject this, put on your business owner hat and consider the following:

1. O'Reilly brings ratings.

2. Ratings = advertisement.

3. Advertisement = revenue.

Note: I personally dislike Bill O'Reilly, but business is business...I mean amirite republicans or amirite!

So kind of an off-shoot question, but one that probably doesn't deserve its own thread...

You're a "big brain" at MSNBC, CNN, et al...do you hire Bill O'Reilly? Now, before you knee-jerk reject this, put on your business owner hat and consider the following:

Note: I personally dislike Bill O'Reilly, but business is business...I mean amirite republicans or amirite!

Briefbarf will hire him

I'm sure CNN would hire Bill O'Reilly. Look at some of their recent hires. They brought on Lewandowski, among others who are probably more relevant examples but whose names escape me.

MSNBC I feel like is at least more explicitly partisan. But yeah, CNN is not about political affiliations. If they were there'd at least be more self-consistency and honesty to journalism.

Briefbarf will hire him

Yeah, I am currently thinking that Breitbart, NewsMax, or some other ultra right wing Fake News promoting outlet would hire him.

But I am curious though to see if CNN, MSNBC, or some other center or left leaning entity would hire him.

Advertisers were the only reason O'Reilly was fired.

Over 60 pulled out after this most recent incident. Grassroots pressure actually worked.

Dudeguyy said: Advertisers were the only reason O'Reilly was fired. Over 60 pulled out after this most recent incident. Grassroots pressure actually worked.

That's incredibly disturbing. Fox News fired Bill O'Reilly not because he's predicate harasser and abuser of women, but because advertisers pulled their ads.

In other words, the management of Fox News was 100% comfortable with his abusive behavior and attitudes towards women, but couldn't abide by the loss of revenue.

Gawd Republicans are so ethical and righteous... :sarcasm

• Fire 2

It is disturbing but there is no denying it.

Fox kept everything under wraps as long as they could by paying millions to these women for one purpose....to keep him on the air. Once the story broke and advertisers started pulling out, their hand was forced and they had to get rid of him.

I'm no fan of Bill O'Reilly. And I don't think liberals had anything whatsoever to do with the accusations. But they (liberals) are jumping all over this story. Just like the conservative media would be jumping all over this if this had happened to a democrat or member of the liberal media. So there's that.

• Fire 1

You know should be jumping on this story? Every person with a conscience, who thinks that sexual harassment in the workplace is wrong, and that sexual predators should be punished.

This isn't a liberal/conservative thing. It's a respect for your fellow human being thing.

• Fire 2

What do you guys consider to be sexual harassment? I've had an assistant principal put her hand on my back and sort of rub my back as a nice gesture But is that sexual-harassment? I have had superiors tell me that I "look nice today" but they did not tell everybody else that was in the room the same thing Is that sexual-harassment?

In both those instances I did not ask for my back to be slightly rubbed and I did not ask for a complement on my appearance.

I'm no fan of Bill O'Reilly. And I don't think liberals had anything whatsoever to do with the accusations. But they (liberals) are jumping all over this story. Just like the conservative media would be jumping all over this if this had happened to a democrat or member of the liberal media. So there's that.

You're probably correct.

If the #1 liberal talk show host sexually harassed 5+ women, the liberal POTUS defended his actions, and the liberal news site and it's own sexual harasser Chairman paid victims $13M+ to cover it up until it was unearthed by the real news, I don't assume conservatives would just let that go.

• Fire 3