Riley Talks Offensive Plans

Lee has one game in his career finishing with positive rush yards, to go along with zero rush tds. Not sure how threatened opposing d's will feel about qb runs.

I'd say, that's exactly where we want them. :)
agreed! I'll bet we see at least 1 qb run fool the defense this season

Lee has one game in his career finishing with positive rush yards, to go along with zero rush tds. Not sure how threatened opposing d's will feel about qb runs.

It will fool their defense, our offense, our coaches, everyone, even Lee. No one will see it coming.

Seriously though, he did have a touchdown pass in the spring game where he kept the defense off balance by rolling out and threatening to run it in. For now, I'll stick with blaming Tulane's ineptitude for his lack of production on the ground until we have evidence of what he can do here.

It will fool their defense, our offense, our coaches, everyone, even Lee. No one will see it coming.

Seriously though, he did have a touchdown pass in the spring game where he kept the defense off balance by rolling out and threatening to run it in. For now, I'll stick with blaming Tulane's ineptitude for his lack of production on the ground until we have evidence of what he can do here.

in no way is he a runner but that doesn't mean we can't run him on a read play near the goal line like they did with Gebbia in the spring game. Defense won't likely be expecting that from him for sure

Regarding "Riley talks offensive plans"...

It will be interesting to see what the plan is during the back seven. And the weather starts to change. That's when you really want to talk turkey.

Wisconsin

Ohio State

at Purdue

Northwestern

at Minnesota

at Penn State

Iowa

How many of those games/teams gives the Huskers problems since joining the B1G? Better buckle up.

• Fire 1

in no way is he a runner but that doesn't mean we can't run him on a read play near the goal line like they did with Gebbia in the spring game. Defense won't likely be expecting that from him for sure

Hey, Steve Bono had a 76-yard touchdown run in the most hilariously overrun play fake of all-time.

• Fire 1

Gebbia isn't anymore of a runner than Lee is and they called his number in the spring game and he had a beautiful sprint out for his first TD in front of our fans. Great to keep the D on their toes .

There were also no blitzes in the spring game against a pretty soft looking defense. These guys are both very average QB's running wise at best. Also with Gebbia's frame the thought if him running around against even a decent defense is frightening.

Gebbia isn't anymore of a runner than Lee is and they called his number in the spring game and he had a beautiful sprint out for his first TD in front of our fans. Great to keep the D on their toes .

There were also no blitzes in the spring game against a pretty soft looking defense. These guys are both very average QB's running wise at best. Also with Gebbia's frame the thought if him running around against even a decent defense is frightening.

Good thing they won't be running it every play. That's the whole point. They aren't scramblers so a QB run in the right place can catch the D off guard. Lighten up man, just because the spring game defense was vanilla doesn't mean that play can't be used as an example to show where we may use the QB run game and how it can still be effective without a RB playing QB