Riley Talks Offensive Plans

Hoping the % goes up, hoewever show me less turnovers and NU will be fine.

How about we have a higher percentage in total and 60 percent completion against the better teams that we play. Turnovers are going to happen, so as long as we force more than we commit we should be good there. A plus 5 TO margin for the year would be huge, and I expect the INT's will happen, but with much more TD's thrown.

This offense should be a lot better than last year. Less stalled drives and more consistent scoring with TD's to finish off drives not filed goals, especially against the top teams that we play. Offensively we will be just fine, it's the defense that will define what kind of season we have. I expect us to have a more consistent defense, and it will be great to see the corners within 5 yards of the receiver.

Hoping the % goes up, hoewever show me less turnovers and NU will be fine.

How about we have a higher percentage in total and 60 percent completion against the better teams that we play. Turnovers are going to happen, so as long as we force more than we commit we should be good there. A plus 5 TO margin for the year would be huge, and I expect the INT's will happen, but with much more TD's thrown.

This offense should be a lot better than last year. Less stalled drives and more consistent scoring with TD's to finish off drives not filed goals, especially against the top teams that we play. Offensively we will be just fine, it's the defense that will define what kind of season we have. I expect us to have a more consistent defense, and it will be great to see the corners within 5 yards of the receiver.

I think the offense will see more drives settling for FG's this year. Drew Brown attempted only 14 FG's last year, so it's not like the offense was forced into a FG attempt 2 or 3 times a game. The offense could do a better job of sustaining drives and getting first downs, but I can see it settling for FG's in the red zone. The passing windows are tighter in a shorter field and the defense won't have to worry about the QB run game.