• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 44,614 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

The NCAA last Friday banned traditional two-a-day practices. Now, if a school wants to have a second workout during training camp, it has to be conducted without helmets or pads, and also not involve conditioning exercises. Essentially, the second practice is a glorified walkthrough.

The Huskers, like all college teams, have 29 available practices for training. Riley had planned on NU starting camp on Aug. 4. He’s now looking at July 29, a week earlier, just after Big Ten media days.

Riley said he’s OK with the change.

“Eventually, you’re going to get diminishing returns with players with muscle pulls," Riley said. "Football two times a day — you do that long enough, and something’s going to break. I kind of like spreading out the football practices a little more. The two-a-days — I don’t think it has to be like that anymore. When the NFL banned two-a-days, I knew it wasn’t going to be long before it came to college.”

OWH

bKzWyb.jpgI7yKkp.jpgelgfqt.jpg

#2 BigRedBuster

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,389 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:01 AM

Was this ever finalized that fall camp was going to start on July 29th?  Huskers.com has that as fan day.

"Argument turns too easily into animosity.  Disagreement escalates into dehumanization.  Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions."

George Bush

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users