Alex Davis Possibly Out for the Year

Just doing a little research but most people heal up from this injury within 6-8 weeks and that is with surgery. I would think Alex Davis would be back in time for the season.

Everything i see in regards to the Jones fracture seems to say the same 6 to 8 weeks. I'm thinking it may be more than what he's letting on due to people not really needing to know someones medical condition.

Better to happen now than in Fall Camp. Maybe Freedom can cut some weight and play OLB and we can play with the Davis Twins at DE's and rely on some young guys and Newell to supply depth. Not ideal but would get out best 11 on the field. I think Davis will be back but he seems like he has a ways to go with the position switch anyways and this will surely put him behind schedule.

Better to happen now than in Fall Camp. Maybe Freedom can cut some weight and play OLB and we can play with the Davis Twins at DE's and rely on some young guys and Newell to supply depth. Not ideal but would get out best 11 on the field. I think Davis will be back but he seems like he has a ways to go with the position switch anyways and this will surely put him behind schedule.

Freedom even slimmed down isn't athletic enough to be an OLB. Hell, he isn't even athletic enough at DE as is. He got way too big and lost every ounce of speed he once had.
  • Fire 1