Randy Gregory

We were lucky to have him. I bet he's a good guy. I feel bad for him; he doesn't appear to be a "party animal" type of guy who just wants to live it up. He has either chosen to not seek help or has been unsuccessful in changing. Don't know him personally of course. I, for one, wish I could meaningfully support him.

I'm curious how he "screwed Nebraska" during his time as a Husker.

By not playing in all the games he could play in due to reasons over which he had control.

How many games did Gregory miss at Nebraska due to failed drug tests? Maybe one or two? NU didn't lose those games he missed. I don't see how he screwed NU.

Stephen A. Smith rant will be coming up on First Take next week.

The term 'dip#hit" comes to mind.

Fitting these two posts together.

Not sure who is bigger dipsh*t, Gregory or Stephen A Smith ?

It is times like this when I remember that our gridiron heros are people also. Their athletic prowess does not shield them from the same pitfalls every day people face. The difference is, every day people go through their pain, trials, and tribulations away from scrutiny and out of the spotlight. I just hope that Randy Gregory eventually exorcises those demons and finds peace before it is too late.

It is easy to sit in judgment and call someone a "dipsh*t" or "stupid". What is far more difficult is to have sympathy and/or empathy for a young man whose demons are getting the better of him.

Randy Gregory is a Husker. He is family. And you don't turn your back on family--no matter how messed up they are.

• Fire 5

When you play for Nebraska, Alabama, Florida State or Saddleback Community College you have an obligation to put everything out every play, not for me or you, but for your team mates, the school and those that support you. He failed that numerous times.

I am a huge fan of Christian MaCaffery, but lost respect for him not playing in the bowl game. There were players that gave their all for him to gain those yards, gain the notoriety he gained from their efforts. It wasn't only his efforts that got him there.

I hate that college football is only a farm system for the NFL, but that really all it is anymore.

Things have changed greatly since I was most of you guys age. And like every older generation, the younger one is all wrong. I don't feel that way, but on some items I think we are really screwing the pooch on giving everyone an excuse. He knows right from wrong, doing what he is told or doing what he wants to do. I don't feel sorry for him, I am ashamed of him for how he has ruined his life, and took advantage of others to get the money he is blowing.

• Fire 2

When you play for Nebraska, Alabama, Florida State or Saddleback Community College you have an obligation to put everything out every play, not for me or you, but for your team mates, the school and those that support you. He failed that numerous times.

I am a huge fan of Christian MaCaffery, but lost respect for him not playing in the bowl game. There were players that gave their all for him to gain those yards, gain the notoriety he gained from their efforts. It wasn't only his efforts that got him there.

I hate that college football is only a farm system for the NFL, but that really all it is anymore.

Things have changed greatly since I was most of you guys age. And like every older generation, the younger one is all wrong. I don't feel that way, but on some items I think we are really screwing the pooch on giving everyone an excuse. He knows right from wrong, doing what he is told or doing what he wants to do. I don't feel sorry for him, I am ashamed of him for how he has ruined his life, and took advantage of others to get the money he is blowing.

I am just going to throw this out there, in reference to your things have changed comment. If we do not want to have cfb be a farm for the NFL, should they raise the age limit up to your junior year instead of sophomore year? That way the kids get to focus on classes for three years rather than just focus on the league, it may not help a ton but its just a thought that could benefit cfb and the NFL.

I am just going to throw this out there, in reference to your things have changed comment. If we do not want to have cfb be a farm for the NFL, should they raise the age limit up to your junior year instead of sophomore year? That way the kids get to focus on classes for three years rather than just focus on the league, it may not help a ton but its just a thought that could benefit cfb and the NFL.
The rule for CFB is 3 years out of high school before turning pro. If a player doesn't redshirt, then they are playing into their junior year of eligibility. I know there are instances where a player will have a redshirt season, and then turn pro after their sophomore season, but that's not very common.

People go to college to prepare themselves for a better job after college. Whether it's the NFL, MLB, NBA, or being a genius entrepreneur or scientist, if that person is able to make a living without attaining their college degree I don't get all the uproar when a person leaves college early.

• Fire 1

Oh man the legalizers trying to make plugs for pot!

Don't legalize that poison,fools!

You've been brainwashed. Congratulations.

I did that crap for years, and it hurt my family tremendously. Now I see my younger brother going down that same road, and it hurts me tremendously.

I wish I had had a wake up call or been deterred early on. It should not be legal; many guys I know, and friends, back then the focus of life was just getting high whenever there was a chance and many are still there. Making it easy to buy just makes more kids buy it. Don't Make it easier!

• Plus1 2

The rule for CFB is 3 years out of high school before turning pro. If a player doesn't redshirt, then they are playing into their junior year of eligibility. I know there are instances where a player will have a redshirt season, and then turn pro after their sophomore season, but that's not very common.

People go to college to prepare themselves for a better job after college. Whether it's the NFL, MLB, NBA, or being a genius entrepreneur or scientist, if that person is able to make a living without attaining their college degree I don't get all the uproar when a person leaves college early.

Exactly...

Oh man the legalizers trying to make plugs for pot!

Don't legalize that poison,fools!

You've been brainwashed. Congratulations.
I did that crap for years, and it hurt my family tremendously. Now I see my younger brother going down that same road, and it hurts me tremendously.

I wish I had had a wake up call or been deterred early on. It should not be legal; many guys I know, and friends, back then the focus of life was just getting high whenever there was a chance and many are still there. Making it easy to buy just makes more kids buy it. Don't Make it easier!

Getting high on weed all the time is no different than abusing alcohol (alcohol is actually worse for you physically). I understand you may have had troubles with weed, but that is on you. Just like if I were to get addicted to booze or prescription drugs would be on me. The only reason that weed is even considered "bad" is because lawmakers arbitrarily made it illegal decades ago. I don't even like weed myself, but I don't have an issue with people recreationally taking it, as long as they can handle themselves while doing it.
  • Fire 3

I don't think this is a "young people today" kinda thing. Randy Gregory joins generations of guys who may have been good at a sport, but were never prepared for any kind of spotlight or constant level of expectation. If it wasn't pot, there are plenty of other ways to self-medicate and/or self-sabotage.

(there are also plenty of guys who manage to smoke pot, not get caught, and perform just fine.)

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Randy Gregory