Randy Gregory

11 minutes ago, NUance said:

I'm pretty sure there's at least some in every conceivable occupation who smoked a bit of wildwood weed at one time or another.   And it's perfectly fine for them to do so.  Well, unless they also want to play in the NFL.  

btw, What happened to our dope smoking emoti?  Did we lose that in the last software update?

The only dope getting smoked is you! :lol: 

:smokin

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I dont know any ranchers so i feel left out of this discussion.

Now, if we want to discuss knowing a few salt water aquarium cleaners....

To keep on point thought, depression is a whole different beast. I just hope Randy gets the help he needs. Football or not, I hope the young man can find a path in life.

He should become a farmer. I hear tell a little bit o' hard work and waking up early will cure any ailment.

• Plus1 1

1.  Thank you for keeping my quote/post ratio possibly #1 on the site, and you are welcome.

2.  If you had milk on your cereal, or butter with your bagel in downtown Lincoln today, be sure to thank a farmer.  They were up early this morning, and every morning making sure you get what you need.

11 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

1.  Thank you for keeping my quote/post ratio possibly #1 on the site, and you are welcome.

2.  If you had milk on your cereal, or butter with your bagel in downtown Lincoln today, be sure to thank a farmer.  They were up early this morning, and every morning making sure you get what you need.

This post is akin to me saying that no baby has ever smelled like s#!t, people telling me they've smelled babies that smelled like s#!t, then me saying "Babies do a lot of good in the world you guys. You should appreciate babies! They keep the human population from dying out!" *waves finger chastisingly at the baby haters*

You're posting on a CORNhusker message board. I'm pretty sure most posters here appreciate farmers.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 4
16 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I thanked the 25 year old female that made my coffee and brought it to my bed...I don't think she farms though.  

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

1. Just doing my job to feed your quote to post ratio.

2. Oh, I got what I needed...www.farmersonly.com

• Plus1 3
36 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I grew up on a farm/ranch/dairy and did farm work for about 20 years. So, I definitely know about farming and appreciate the hard work put into it.

That’s how I know that depression and anxiety exists in the farming community. Like others have said, a lot of farmers dealing with it turn to alcohol. Whether you believe it’s better or worse than pot, I don’t think you can deny it’s damaging effect.

When you’re severely depressed and medication isn’t working, you’ll turn to what has made you feel better. Alcohol, weed, sex, other drugs, gambling, exhibitionism, etc. Thing is, it’s only temporary. So then you keep going back to it.

But, nothing a nice long day in a 108° heat index or a -20° wind chill won’t cure.

Edited by Edison's Enemy
  • Plus1 3
35 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I don't know if anyone is disputing this. What we are disputing, however, is that you speak for every farmer when you deny the thought that one of them could have smoked a bowl before setting the GPS on their combine this morning. 

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Randy Gregory