Randy Gregory

44 minutes ago, I.M. OLD said:

All you have to do is look to Colorado’s dial a doctor, oh I have a headache, ok here’s a prescription. My toe hurts, ok here is a prescription! Again show me “Real” science. The VA HAS, and it’s exactly opposite of empirical data. Much higher suicide rates. Weed is as bad or worse than tobacco for lung cancer. Any terminal or cancer patient can use any confiscated drug as far as I am concerned. Tell me Gregory isn’t addicted to weed with a straight face. If you are choosing it over your livelihood you are addicted. He is one of many that have ruined their lives because of it. My job depends on my class A license. I like to have 1-2 beers with my meal, but I know I risk my job in doing so, so I don’t. When you can’t make that choice, you are addicted. Today’s GMO pot is not in the same league as the ditch weed from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. It has been cross polinated to raise the THC. It’s not legal, it’s against the rules so possibly unless he wants to be a broken homeless man he should have stopped. 

So in the NFL, where most players will have to have some form of pain killer and most players will endure a concussion, you are telling me you think opiods are the better solution as opposed to cannabis? Why should cannabis be banned by the NFL? Also, real science has actually shown cannabis is a neuroprotectant. It helps your brain. So in the NFL where concussions are prevalent, I think that should be looked at.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US6630507

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, I.M. OLD said:

The VA HAS, and it’s exactly opposite of empirical data. Much higher suicide rates. 

What do you mean by this? The VA has not approved or studied marijuana in any form as far as I'm aware. And yes they do have insanely high suicide rates, partly because of their archaic stance on drugs. Their stuborness and ignorance cost so many lives. 

You keep talking about studies, but the problem is that the government is only barely beginning to allow marijuana to be studied and still its a huge hassle because its still schedule 1. If you want anecdotal evidence then just look around you. Half the country is using it and functioning just fine. Also just because someone is relying on a drug doesn't immediately mean that its terrible and is ruining their life. I'd like to see how this country functioned if they outlawed caffeine for 1 month.  Everyone has things they use to cope. Some people just have the unfortunate circumstance of relying on something that is caught up in political BS and misinformation. 

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, I.M. OLD said:

Show me the studies. What is really ridiculous is the NFL bans HGH, because there’s “actually “ scientific data showing how it aids in rapid healing. Don’t give me the whining about legalizing pot for medical reasons when 99% of medical use is to get stoned. Take the THC out of weed and use it all day long for medical use. If it’s truly not for getting stoned this should be the perfect solution 

Did you just ask for a link? 

11 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

What do you mean by this? The VA has not approved or studied marijuana in any form as far as I'm aware. And yes they do have insanely high suicide rates, partly because of their archaic stance on drugs. Their stuborness and ignorance cost so many lives. 

You keep talking about studies, but the problem is that the government is only barely beginning to allow marijuana to be studied and still its a huge hassle because its still schedule 1. If you want anecdotal evidence then just look around you. Half the country is using it and functioning just fine. Also just because someone is relying on a drug doesn't immediately mean that its terrible and is ruining their life. I'd like to see how this country functioned if they outlawed caffeine for 1 month.  Everyone has things they use to cope. Some people just have the unfortunate circumstance of relying on something that is caught up in political BS and misinformation. 

i'm calling into work dead for that month if it were to ever happen.

• Plus1 1
On 4/22/2018 at 11:13 PM, I.M. OLD said:

All you have to do is look to Colorado’s dial a doctor, oh I have a headache, ok here’s a prescription. My toe hurts, ok here is a prescription! Again show me “Real” science. The VA HAS, and it’s exactly opposite of empirical data. Much higher suicide rates. Weed is as bad or worse than tobacco for lung cancer. Any terminal or cancer patient can use any confiscated drug as far as I am concerned. Tell me Gregory isn’t addicted to weed with a straight face. If you are choosing it over your livelihood you are addicted. He is one of many that have ruined their lives because of it. My job depends on my class A license. I like to have 1-2 beers with my meal, but I know I risk my job in doing so, so I don’t. When you can’t make that choice, you are addicted. Today’s GMO pot is not in the same league as the ditch weed from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. It has been cross polinated to raise the THC. It’s not legal, it’s against the rules so possibly unless he wants to be a broken homeless man he should have stopped. 

Do you know what empirical means?

• Plus1 2
On 4/22/2018 at 10:13 PM, I.M. OLD said:

Do you know recreational use is legal in Colorado?

• Plus1 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Randy Gregory's representatives "worked into the weekend,'' I'm told, to finalize the suspended Dallas Cowboys player's bid for NFL reinstatement, with Tuesday as the target date.

They "hope for some good news to give,'' one source says, all as a result of two years of passing drug tests and what I'm told is a 2,000-page presentation featuring those test results plus testimony from prominent Dallas Cowboys teammates, industry powerhouses, civic leaders and influential celebrities.

Among those names: Hall-of-Fame receiver Cris Carter, who overcame drug addiction early in his career to eventually become a role model for those with similar struggles -- seemingly including Gregory. 

“I have been associated with (Gregory),'' Carter says (via his FOX Sports show). "I have been in contact with him over his journey. And I have recently written a letter to the NFL on his behalf, hoping for his reinstatement.”

• Plus1 2

Sounds like possibly Randy has seen the light, or gotten the help he needed.  Would love to see him play to his full ability on every play.  Truly believe he is making the right efforts to get back to football.  Needs to be watched closely.  Good luck Randy.

• Plus1 1
On 5/2/2018 at 1:26 AM, Edison's Enemy said:

On 4/23/2018 at 12:30 AM, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Studies on marijuana can be difficult in an experimental setting, but if you're not administering the drug it's doable. There's an R01 going on at the University of Washington looking at the effects of exposure therapy on individuals who regularly use marijuana. Data aren't out yet but I'm fairly sure no one in that study has killed themselves. It's a naturalistic observation but it's still good data. As a treatment itaelf most data aren't going to be great yet, especially since the marijuana that you can buy from the government significantly deviates in potency than that you would find at a dispensary. 

With all of that said. Once I'm not at an airport I'm going to branch off the marijuana conversation as we should be talking about Gregory. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to Randy Gregory