Randy Gregory

Oh man the legalizers trying to make plugs for pot!

Don't legalize that poison,fools!

You've been brainwashed. Congratulations.

I did that crap for years, and it hurt my family tremendously. Now I see my younger brother going down that same road, and it hurts me tremendously.

I wish I had had a wake up call or been deterred early on. It should not be legal; many guys I know, and friends, back then the focus of life was just getting high whenever there was a chance and many are still there. Making it easy to buy just makes more kids buy it. Don't Make it easier!

Kids can't legally buy it in any state where it is legal.

It sounds like you and your brother abused cannabis and not the other way around. During my life I've known plenty of folks who got stoned 24/7 but I've known far more that only used occasionally. And just because you and your brother couldn't avoid abusing the drug it doesn't mean it shouldn't be available for everyone else. It's not like we ban alcohol just because a few folks can't avoid becoming alcoholics.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

He is absolutely powerless over his addictions. It will be a battle he must face for the rest of his life. I wish him, and all others who battle addictions, peace and personal acceptace.

Marijuana causes zero chemical dependency. It is not an addictive substance.

Maybe I should tell that to all the addicts that tell me marijuana is the one drug they have not been able to stop. I used to lead a addictions and mental health group as part of my job. Did it for about 9 years.

• Plus1 1

He is absolutely powerless over his addictions. It will be a battle he must face for the rest of his life. I wish him, and all others who battle addictions, peace and personal acceptace.

Maybe I should tell that to all the addicts that tell me marijuana is the one drug they have not been able to stop. I used to lead a addictions and mental health group as part of my job. Did it for about 9 years.
I think studies are mixed in terms of addiction with marijuana. There may not be one chemical that leads to addiction, I am sure there are plenty of people that like to get high all the time, so their behavior is addiction-like.

I think studies are mixed in terms of addiction with marijuana. There may not be one chemical that leads to addiction, I am sure there are plenty of people that like to get high all the time, so their behavior is addiction-like.

Sorry, this is what I was getting at. It wouldn't matter what substance it was with Randy. It is a different problem then the actual drug.

Sorry, this is what I was getting at. It wouldn't matter what substance it was with Randy. It is a different problem then the actual drug.
No need to be sorry, I understood your point. Some people just like getting high every day and they are able to go through life like that.

Cannabis has one of the lowest addiction rates of any drug and certainly lower than alcohol, cocaine, meth and opiates.

• Fire 2

Well that's complete BS.

Literally almost anything can be, or become, addictive and/or habit forming with dependency: coffee, Mt. Dew, chocolate, lying, creating drama, spending, etc. It just depends on the person and how they handle things.

Not sure how those examples show that "anything" can be addictive, especially the first 3. Coffee, Mt. Dew, and chocolate all have caffeine in them. Everyone knows caffeine is addictive.

Well that's complete BS.

Literally almost anything can be, or become, addictive and/or habit forming with dependency: coffee, Mt. Dew, chocolate, lying, creating drama, spending, etc. It just depends on the person and how they handle things.

You can't have a physical addiction to weed, nor has anyone ever overdosed in history. I think you can have a psychological addiction to it though and be predisposed to listening to the Doors, playing video games and ordering pizza as the apathy sets in.

I don't think Randy Gregory is a stupid person. Whatever relief he got from weed was obviously worth it to him. He should have been able to smoke weed and play football. This is America afterall.

large.gif

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 4

Well that's complete BS.

Spot on Chimis.

• Mavric changed the title to Randy Gregory