Randy Gregory

• 2 weeks later...

This is just my own personal view so people can tell me I'm wrong if they like:

In the offseason, there isn't as much conversation going on so it's not a big deal to have threads that aren't directly Husker related - current players/coaches/team - in the main forum.

But once the season rolls around there gets to be a lot more discussion so it seems more appropriate to move stuff like this to the Other Sports forum - partly because it's not directly related to Husker football (anymore) and partly just to balance the forums out a bit. 

If Gregory does end up making a splash in Dallas this year, it will be easy to find this thread and update it/add to the discussion.  If it was in the Football forum, it would quickly be buried off the first page.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Why in the world was this thread moved out of Husker Football?  Took me a while to find it.

Just when we thought RG was getting back on track:

Cowboys DE Randy Gregory suspended indefinitely for violating NFL's substance abuse policy

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory has suffered another setback.

Gregory has been suspended indefinitely for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

A struggle with substance abuse and mental health kept Gregory off the field for all but two of 32 games the previous two seasons. But he worked the substance abuse program, worked in practice and made his way back. Last season, Gregory was second to DeMarcus Lawrence in sacks with six and quarterback pressures with 28.

Gregory has appeared in 28 games since the Cowboys made him the 60th overall selection of the 2015 draft.

More to come on this developing story.

• Mavric changed the title to Randy Gregory