Nathan Gerry

Mavric

MO Husker said: It's 100% understandable to be upset that his inability to go to class resulted in his suspension, but that kid played hard for us.

Yes, "played hard for us" despite his obvious admittance to not...makes perfect sense.

I'd really love to see that quote.

MO Husker said: It's 100% understandable to be upset that his inability to go to class resulted in his suspension, but that kid played hard for us.

Yes, "played hard for us" despite his obvious admittance to not...makes perfect sense.

Google is your friend. It's a quote he made to the media following the 2015 loss to Purdue.

Google is your friend. It's a quote he made to the media following the 2015 loss to Purdue.

Back up your claim man...

Or are you too busy throwing college students under busses?

• Fire 2

I feel like everyone else is on crazy pills...

Nate Gerry flat out said after the 2015 loss to Purdue that they hadn't "bought in" and I'll damned if I can find it.

I know for a fact that he said it. I just can't find the exact source.

:throw

Also...trying to find something from two years ago... :steam

Gerry did say something to that effect. It was also about guys doing their own thing and reverting back to the "old system". I'm a fan of Gerry. Not trying to pile on, just saying Making isn't making stuff up....

• Fire 1

Nate Gerry flat out said after the 2015 loss to Purdue that they hadn't "bought in" and I'll damned if I can find it.

Gerry did say something to that effect. It was also about guys doing their own thing and reverting back to the "old system". I'm a fan of Gerry. Not trying to pile on, just saying Making isn't making stuff up....

:worship

Thank you.

Eagles embracing NFL's emerging hybrid, do-it-all mentality with Nate Gerry

The Eagles have a hard-working and extremely athletic safety-linebacker-special teams hybrid player in Nate Gerry.

042917_gerry1_1920x1080_932916291676.jpg

“I was pretty open-minded," Gerry said after being drafted the 184th pick. "With my agent, we didn’t really know where I was going to go. … A lot of teams wanted me to make that transition to linebacker, but a lot of them saw me at safety, so it kind of came down to who was left on the board and who was up at next pick. I’m very excited. I think the linebacker role is going to fit me really well, especially in the scheme that we’re running.”

• Fire 2

Gerry did say something to that effect.

However, he was talking about a system that led to us having one of the worst defenses we've ever had as implemented by a coach that got fired.

So perhaps the players knew what they were doing more than the coach.

• Fire 2

Mavric said: Gerry did say something to that effect.

However, he was talking about a system that led to us having one of the worst defenses we've ever had as implemented by a coach that got fired

Ummmm....No

This was 2015 and clearly Gerry's comments were directed towards the newly hired coaching staff.

To even suggest that Gerry was talking about the previous coaching staff is disingenuous at best.

Shouldn't some of the blame be on the coaches for lack of buy in? Gerry was hardly the only player that didn't buy into Riley.

True. But he was a starter, a "leader," that was supposed to set the positive, not the negative, example.

MRI was suspended along with someone else to start that year. Not saying the players should get a pass but in my opinion the lack of effort and buy in Riley's first year is more on the coaching staff.

Shouldn't some of the blame be on the coaches for lack of buy in? Gerry was hardly the only player that didn't buy into Riley.

True. But he was a starter, a "leader," that was supposed to set the positive, not the negative, example.

MRI was suspended along with someone else to start that year. Not saying the players should get a pass but in my opinion the lack of effort and buy in Riley's first year is more on the coaching staff.

So you're saying the coaches should be blamed, for not making the horses drink?

Listen, we can debate scheme and what ifs all day.

Ultimately, it's on the players on the field to execute the X's and O's.

To that end, the players from the former coach's regime failed...no matter how you look at it.

However, he was talking about a system that led to us having one of the worst defenses we've ever had as implemented by a coach that got fired

Ummmm....No

This was 2015 and clearly Gerry's comments were directed towards the newly hired coaching staff.

To even suggest that Gerry was talking about the previous coaching staff is disingenuous at best.

I realize it was 2015. That was the year we finished #122 in the country in pass defense. Banker was the one implementing that defense and he has since been fired.

• Fire 1

Ummmm....No

I realize it was 2015. That was the year we finished #122 in the country in pass defense. Banker was the one implementing that defense and he has since been fired.

I'm not disputing Banker's inadequacies.

I'm talking about a specific player...Nate Gerry.

The final two years of his Nebraska career, he purposefully played half-speed, failed in his school work, sabotaged his new coaches, and lowered his own draft stock--all because he was a petulant child still "devoted" to the former coach.

• Mavric changed the title to Nathan Gerry