Fightin' Erstads vs Rutgers

So nobody is still worried about giving up so many late inning runs? Yes, a win is a win, but the fact its happened so often this year is a trend and has to be worrisome.

Very concerned, especially considering our bullpen depth is pretty shallow. But a win is a win, I suppose.

It's college baseball and runs come in bunches - sure it is a concern, however it is one aspect of many that can be looked at each game. We are in second place and control our destiny to win the big10 this year which includes 4 teams that have a strong shot at playing toward Omaha. Big picture we look good!!!

So nobody is still worried about giving up so many late inning runs? Yes, a win is a win, but the fact its happened so often this year is a trend and has to be worrisome.

I am--this won't bode well come Tourney play (B1G or NCAA), but this isn't a recent development, nor is it a development that's localized to just this season.

I said earlier this season there's an ebb and flow to Erstad's teams, and right now we seem to be riding the high tide to wins. But we've bottomed out before the tourney before (see last season), and I'd love for Erstad to find a way to coach these kids into some consistency so we aren't high or low, but playing consistent baseball in all aspects of the game.

Very concerned, especially considering our bullpen depth is pretty shallow. But a win is a win, I suppose.

Looking at the play by play in the 8th, it looks like it was Meyers who gave up the tying 3-run homer in the top of the 8th. The inning was started with an error, and that is concerning. Maybe, Silva was trying to work through the 8th and trust Meyers, and it backfired.

The bullpen is depleted with injuries, and that is a concern. But, NU never trailed in Game 3 (and only for 1/2 an inning in the entire series), and did their job with the sweep. Baseball games are 9 innings for a reason. There are ebbs and flows within games themselves.

Looking at the play by play in the 8th, it looks like it was Meyers who gave up the tying 3-run homer in the top of the 8th. The inning was started with an error, and that is concerning. Maybe, Silva was trying to work through the 8th and trust Meyers, and it backfired.

The bullpen is depleted with injuries, and that is a concern. But, NU never trailed in Game 3 (and only for 1/2 an inning in the entire series), and did their job with the sweep. Baseball games are 9 innings for a reason. There are ebbs and flows within games themselves.

According to the recap in Omaha world herald it was said the meeting with Silva was to reel Meyers back in for the lefty-lefty matchup and it would be his last batter regardless. Just happened to hit a homer. Meyers has shown that he can compete, does surprise me a homer was given up but could just be an outlier.