Tanner Lee became just "one of the guys"

Riley appreciates how quickly Tanner Lee became just "one of the guys"
BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON Lincoln Journal Star May 8, 2017 Updated 16 hrs ago

Mike Riley likes Tanner Lee's arm strength and decision-making. He likes something else off the field that is maybe just as important. The head coach likes how the quarterback who will head into fall camp as Nebraska's top quarterback just fit in with his new teammates after transferring from Tulane a year ago. As Riley put it, Lee quickly became "one of the guys" after arriving in Lincoln.

LINK

I'm hoping team chemistry will improve under Lee. Seems like there was room to improve last year in both work ethic and attitude. On and off the field. :dunno:

• Fire 2

Mike Riley likes Tanner Lee's arm strength and decision-making. He likes something else off the field that is maybe just as important. The head coach likes how the quarterback who will head into fall camp as Nebraska's top quarterback just fit in with his new teammates after transferring from Tulane a year ago. As Riley put it, Lee quickly became "one of the guys" after arriving in Lincoln.

LINK

I'm hoping team chemistry will improve under Lee. Seems like there was room to improve last year in both work ethic and attitude. On and off the field. :dunno:

First thing that came to my mind was when Armstrong and Morgan got into it on the field during the Iowa game. Maybe there were some chemistry issues last year?

Maybe another reason why Armstrong wasn't named a captain :dunno:

• Fire 2

LINK

I just read the linked article. Where did you get the bolded assumption from that article? To me that's pure speculation.

What I mostly heard was that Armstrong had his core group of friends like Westerkamp, but a lot of his teammates really weren't too crazy about him. Liked to throw other guys under the bus. I always shook my head when people proclaimed that Armstrong was such a great leader just because he didn't seem as introverted publicly as T-Mart...

• Fire 1

LINK

I just read the linked article. Where did you get the bolded assumption from that article? To me that's pure speculation.

Where did I say I got that from the article? See's like pure speculation on *your* part.

edit: *seem's lol

• Fire 1

LINK

Where did I say I got that from the article? See's like pure speculation on *your* part.

You link an article about Lee, and then make a comment about work ethic and attitude about last year. That's inferring there is comments about work ethic and attitude in the article.

I heard rumblings from players last year that Armstrong wasn't well liked. Can't speak to chemistry and how it played out on the field but I'm sure it didn't help anything.

There are one heck of a lot of very good QBs that aren't well liked by their team. That includes some of our most prized alumni.

• Fire 4

I heard rumblings from players last year that Armstrong wasn't well liked. Can't speak to chemistry and how it played out on the field but I'm sure it didn't help anything.

There are one heck of a lot of very good QBs that aren't well liked by their team. That includes some of our most prized alumni.

Tommie Frazier wasn't voted as team captain, because everyone thought he was an a$$hole.

• Fire 1

+1000

Frazier says Hello.

Championships cure everything.

What I mostly heard was that Armstrong had his core group of friends like Westerkamp, but a lot of his teammates really weren't too crazy about him. Liked to throw other guys under the bus. I always shook my head when people proclaimed that Armstrong was such a great leader just because he didn't seem as introverted publicly as T-Mart...

I've also heard similar things. Also that he never took responsibility for anything. Everything was someone else's fault. This was two years ago but once you rub someone the wrong way it can be hard to change their mind

Yep

Yep

The difference is TA wasn't "very good".

• Fire 1

+1000

Frazier says Hello.

Championships cure everything.

While this is true, there was a significant difference between Armstrong and Frazier. Frazier got into the grill of anyone who he deemed slacking. I don't recall TA really doing this. Frazier made everyone around him play better. He may have been hated, but he was well respected by his teammates. I'm not sure TA fit the same mold.

• Fire 2