Tanner Lee became just "one of the guys"

I heard rumblings from players last year that Armstrong wasn't well liked. Can't speak to chemistry and how it played out on the field but I'm sure it didn't help anything.

There are one heck of a lot of very good QBs that aren't well liked by their team. That includes some of our most prized alumni.

I would agree with that but I would also say there are different reasons why you might not be liked by your team. Some of those reasons could actually be beneficial to winning and some of them would be a hindrance.

I heard rumblings from players last year that Armstrong wasn't well liked. Can't speak to chemistry and how it played out on the field but I'm sure it didn't help anything.

There are one heck of a lot of very good QBs that aren't well liked by their team. That includes some of our most prized alumni.

+1000

Frazier says Hello.

Championships cure everything.

While this is true, there was a significant difference between Armstrong and Frazier. Frazier got into the grill of anyone who he deemed slacking. I don't recall TA really doing this. Frazier made everyone around him play better. He may have been hated, but he was well respected by his teammates. I'm not sure TA fit the same mold.

The significant difference was a championship and the surrounding cast.

Frazier 49% career passer - Armstrong 53% career passing

Frazier 1955 career rushing - Armstrong 1819 career rushing

Win and be a jerk, non issue. Lose and it is the first thing pointed at. There are plenty of instances of TA yelling at people.

Frazier is an icon and absolutely should be at Nebraska.

• Fire 2

ColoradoHusk said: You link an article about Lee, and then make a comment about work ethic and attitude about last year. That's inferring there is comments about work ethic and attitude in the article.

There's an article, somewhere here on Husker Board, in one of these threads, where Nick Gates openly admitted in an interview that there have been work ethic issues the last couple of seasons.

And of course, I seem to be the only one who remembers what players like Nate Gerry said following Nebraska's embarrassing loss to Purdue in 2015 when he flat out said they hadn't "bought in."

And to put "not buying in" from Football-ese into English, it means: (they) intentionally played half speed for Mike Riley, they didn't care, and generally did just enough to get by. Moreover, certain segments within the team didn't care if they lost.

This type of poisonous attitude was first demonstrated by Alex Lewis as he walked off the field (can't remember the opponent at the moment though).

This lazy attitude, not caring, and only doing the absolute bare minimum has been a plague with Nebraska for the last 3-4 seasons at least.

Sorry to rehash all this ^^^^...

Now back to Tanner Lee Just Being One Of The Guys​.

• Fire 3

ColoradoHusk said: You link an article about Lee, and then make a comment about work ethic and attitude about last year. That's inferring there is comments about work ethic and attitude in the article.

There's an article, somewhere here on Husker Board, in one of these threads, where Nick Gates openly admitted in an interview that there have been work ethic issues the last couple of seasons.

And of course, I seem to be the only one who remembers what players like Nate Gerry said following Nebraska's embarrassing loss to Purdue in 2015 when he flat out said they hadn't "bought in."

And to put "not buying in" from Football-ese into English, it means: (they) intentionally played half speed for Mike Riley, they didn't care, and generally did just enough to get by. Moreover, certain segments within the team didn't care if they lost.

This type of poisonous attitude was first demonstrated by Alex Lewis as he walked off the field (can't remember the opponent at the moment though).

This lazy attitude, not caring, and only doing the absolute bare minimum has been a plague with Nebraska for the last 3-4 seasons at least.

Just One of The Guys...GREAT 80's movie!

• Fire 1

Teri had an amazing rack.

• Fire 1

Plus 2...if you know what I mean*

*Apologies to all of those that are offended.

It's okay, everybody. It's all right. He has tits.

Where do you get off having tits?

Tommie Frazier wasn't voted as team captain, because everyone thought he was an a$$hole.

"When Reno Hightower was dick he was the best quarterback in Kern County"

I'd have to find it to read it again but I think this is an exaggeration of what was said.

I'd have to find it to read it again but I think this is an exaggeration of what was said.

On my phone but here it is

"He's definitely on us a lot more and wants us to change the culture around here," Gates said. "We're trying."

What's something that needed to change? Gates noted there was too much moaning and complaining by linemen last year.

"We go out early before practices, as you guys know, and a lot of people were complaining about that," Gates said. "So he told us to cut out all the complaining and moaning, go out there and do everything right and do everything correct."

• Fire 1

Mike didn't buy into Bankers defense either so....what are you saying?

That matters zero to a teams success. See Frost or Frazier

Matters zero to a teams success is quite a stretch. I'll use an example like you. The line in longest yard didn't like the quarterback so they didn't block. Probably has the same amount of validity as your comment.

Video for proof