** 2017 Opponent Previews: Wisconsin (Game 6) **

Wisconsin and Ohio State back to back...Ouch. At least both are home games.

That's happened every time we've play OSU since we joined the B1G, in 2011, 2012, 2016, and now 2017. It's kinda stupid.

Luckily next year this isn't the case. 10/6 @ Madison, 11/3 @ Ohio St. (Toss on 9/22 @ Ann Arbor, 10/13 @ Evanston, and 11/23 @ Iowa City for good measure.)

• Fire 1

That's happened every time we've play OSU since we joined the B1G, in 2011, 2012, 2016, and now 2017. It's kinda stupid.

You are going to have those things. For the past few years they scheduled OSU against MSU and Mich back to back at the end of the season. They were also kind enough last year to give OSU night games @Penn State and @Wisky back to back and gave both teams off weeks the week before they played OSU.

You are going to have those things. For the past few years they scheduled OSU against MSU and Mich back to back at the end of the season. They were also kind enough last year to give OSU night games @Penn State and @Wisky back to back and gave both teams off weeks the week before they played OSU.

I just hate the Big Ten scheduling philosophy in general. For example, by 2019 Nebraska will have played OSU 6 times, and Indiana twice.

During that same span Iowa will have played Ohio State twice, Indiana 6 times.

Makes no sense.

• Fire 3

I just hate the Big Ten scheduling philosophy in general. For example, by 2019 Nebraska will have played OSU 6 times, and Indiana twice.

Makes no sense.

I guess I am in a different spot. I rather watch a Nebraska/Ohio State match up and I would guess ESPN/ABC thinks the same. Also, how else do you think Kirk Ferentz keeps getting these contract extensions and B1G COY honors? He isn't going to get those playing OSU/MSU/PSU/UM every year.

• Fire 1

Makes no sense.

I guess I am in a different spot. I rather watch a Nebraska/Ohio State match up and I would guess ESPN/ABC thinks the same. Also, how else do you think Kirk Ferentz keeps getting these contract extensions and B1G COY honors? He isn't going to get those playing OSU/MSU/PSU/UM every year.

Careful, we have some Hawkeye sympathizers round here that wouldn't like that sorta talk.

Makes no sense.

I just think it's important to even out the scheduling around the conference. Since conference records determine a division winner, and not divisional records, it can tank a teams season just based on scheduling imbalances.

• Fire 3
  • 1 month later...

SBNation preview is up!

I can't help but feel that WI is being over hyped this season. They'll be good and do the stuff that Wisconsin does, we know that. However, they lost their two top RBs, an All-American left tackle, two all-conference DBs, a 1st round draft pick OLB and a 3rd round draft pick OLB. . So yeah, lots of senior leadership and returning starters, but they lost some talent. They're still gonna be good and I have no problem looking at them as favorites in the West, but lets be reasonable about going undefeated.

• Fire 1

SBNation preview is up!

I can't help but feel that WI is being over hyped this season. They'll be good and do the stuff that Wisconsin does, we know that. However, they lost their two top RBs, an All-American left tackle, two all-conference DBs, a 1st round draft pick OLB and a 3rd round draft pick OLB. . So yeah, lots of senior leadership and returning starters, but they lost some talent. They're still gonna be good and I have no problem looking at them as favorites in the West, but lets be reasonable about going undefeated.

Couldn't have said it better.

SBNation preview is up!

I'd agree with this, and I also think losing 2 good DC's 2 years in a row, and replacing them with a guy who's only coached as a position coach for 1 season is gonna give them fits.