** 2017 Opponent Previews: Wisconsin (Game 6) **

47 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Wisconsin defense is 69th in opponent completion %. Obviously we need to pass a lot.

Of course, one has to consider that Wisconsin has only allowed four passing touchdowns and just 5.5 yards/attempt.  It is difficult to move the ball in the air against Wisconsin, but there have been a couple moments of communication lapse (i.e. Derrick Tindal wasn't able to communicate man-coverage to Nick Nelson before the snap against FAU, which led to a long touchdown).  Can't have that happen on Saturday against a player like Stanley Morgan.

13 minutes ago, badgers007 said:

Of course, one has to consider that Wisconsin has only allowed four passing touchdowns and just 5.5 yards/attempt.  It is difficult to move the ball in the air against Wisconsin, but there have been a couple moments of communication lapse (i.e. Derrick Tindal wasn't able to communicate man-coverage to Nick Nelson before the snap against FAU, which led to a long touchdown).  Can't have that happen on Saturday against a player like Stanley Morgan.

I was sarcastically stating how I fear our OC will think. I don't think passing 80% of the time will work. Actually I don't know what we do well enough that will work. I'll provide your D two cans connected with a string to help communication.

21 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I was sarcastically stating how I fear our OC will think. I don't think passing 80% of the time will work. Actually I don't know what we do well enough that will work. I'll provide your D two cans connected with a string to help communication.

After I had posted, I looked back at your post and wondered if it was sarcasm.  I'm not so much in-tune with the Huskers to know what is or isn't. :cheers

• Plus1 1

Nebraska hasn’t been this big of an underdog at Memorial Stadium in 43 years.

That was Oklahoma 1974 (+14). Here’s a list of the games since then where NU has been more than a five-point underdog at home:

10, USC, 2007 (loss)

9, Oklahoma, 1986 (loss)

7.5, Kansas State, 2007 (win)

7, Alabama, 1977 (win)

6, Oklahoma, 1978 (win)

5.5, Michigan State, 2013 (loss)

5, Texas, 2006 (loss)

5, Texas Tech, 2005 (loss)

* The one that shocked me here was K-State 2007, the game Nebraska won 73-31! The Huskers strangely were favored against Oklahoma State and Texas A&M that fall, but not the Wildcats. Even Vegas couldn’t figure out Bill Callahan.

The Huskers have won 20 straight night games at Memorial Stadium. And they haven't faced a point spread like this in 43 years. 

Something's gotta to give.

OWH

On 9/30/2017 at 6:28 PM, Excel said:

I don't know what to make of this game because we have yet to play a good team,  Northwestern doesn't count because we always have really wacky, twilight-zone type games with them. I think Hornibrook was a little rusty from the bye and was lost without Fumigalli, he had impressed me up until this point but we haven't played anyone decent. I think he'll do better against Nebraska with Fumigalli back and facing what looks like a bad NU pass defense.

If we lose it will be because of turnovers and failing to get the passing game going. I have confidence our defense can rattle Lee and cause him to make a key mistake. I think this game will be close and low scoring, I'll pick UW 21, NU 17.

I say all of that without having watched a full Nebraska game this year so I could definitely be wrong.

Our pass defense was AWFUL week 1/2. Our defense has improved a lot (with the competition we have played) and we will be really solid if we get Kalu and Jones back this week. Hope for low scoring and a fun atmosphere!