Mario Cart is great. The graphics are amazing compared to Mario Cart on the Wii from 10 years ago.

I'll probably get Zelta at some point.

My 8 yo son wants NBA Playground. Looks like a modern day NBA Jam on a... wait for it... playground court.

Reading about upcoming games, I am looking forward to FIFA 18, Street Fighter 2, and Splatoon 2 (I read its a kid friendly 3rd person shooter).

Got to get Call of the Wild. I don't have one, but if I do pick one up, Zelda games are a must.

Breath of the Wild. And yes, get Breath of the Wild. Zelda is my favorite series, and it's damn near the best one. They completely reinvented the series: it's Zelda with a dash of Far Cry and Skyrim.

• Fire 2

Got to get Call of the Wild. I don't have one, but if I do pick one up, Zelda games are a must.

Breath of the Wild. And yes, get Breath of the Wild. Zelda is my favorite series, and it's damn near the best one. They completely reinvented the series: it's Zelda with a dash of Far Cry and Skyrim.

Good catch. Hard to keep track when I don't have a Switch myself!

That sounds really cool. Is it anything like how Ocarina revolutionized the series nearly 20 years ago?

Good catch. Hard to keep track when I don't have a Switch myself!

That sounds really cool. Is it anything like how Ocarina revolutionized the series nearly 20 years ago?

It completely flips the script. It's incredibly non-linear; the classic formula of "Enter a dungeon, find a tool, use the tool to beat the boss" is gone. In its place are over 100 Shrines, or "mini-dungeons" that are basically puzzle rooms that you have to solve to build up your health or your stamina. And you can climb virtually anything in the game. If you see it: you can get to it. It's to the point that, once you get past the first section of the game (the tutorial, if you will), you can actually go to beat the came, circumventing the entire story. The story itself is minimalistic, which is both good and bad. There isn't a lot there, but I found what story is there (which you can completely skip over) is engaging to the point where you're driving to find every last scrap of it. If you've seen the movie Memento, it plays out in a very similar style. If there's one criticism I have, it's that once you get fairly far into the game, there's not a lot of variety of enemies. That, and there's a weapon degradation system that can get annoying at times, but neither of them are huge concerns.

If you're a Zelda fan, a Nintendo fan, or a fan of games in general, I can't recommend it highly enough. And the Wii U version is virtually identical to the Switch version: the only difference is that the Switch version runs in a higher resolution if docked (roughly 900) while the handheld and the Wii U both run at 720.

Here are some reviews, and a Dunky video:

• Fire 2

Physical:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Mario Kart 8

Puyo Puyo Tetris (if you like puzzle games)

ARMS - Coming out this month

Splatoon 2 - Coming out next month

Digital Offerings:

I Am Setsuna (if you like JRPGs--digital store)

Minecraft (special Mario-themed skins and world exclusive to the Switch and WiiU)

Shovel Knight (new action/platformer fun in old school NES era wrapping)

Blaster Master Zero (old-school action/platformer/adventure game from NES era given an update)

Yooka-Laylee (if you like N64-era platformer titles)

Make sure to get a cover for your dock so it doesn't scratch your screen (docks can be bent), and a pro controller for at home play. I'd also invest in a case if you take it out or on the road for an extended period of time, as well as the Joy Con Charger ($29.99 charges four Joy Cons), screen protector, and car adapter. And if you didn't get one already, pick up a 128GB SD micro card for storage--you can get one for as cheap as $49 on NewEgg.com or Amazon.com.

I still only have Mario Kart. I am kicking ass at it (just beat all the 50cc levels, so no big feat).

Probably will get Tetris and Zelda soon. I am afraid if I get Zelta that my hours of sleep will drop by an hour or two a night...

I bought a screen protector, extra joy cons, pro controller, mario kart wheels, 64gb card, and a case.

Physical:

Mario Kart 8

Digital Offerings:

Minecraft (special Mario-themed skins and world exclusive to the Switch and WiiU)

Blaster Master Zero (old-school action/platformer/adventure game from NES era given an update)

Make sure to get a cover for your dock so it doesn't scratch your screen (docks can be bent), and a pro controller for at home play. I'd also invest in a case if you take it out or on the road for an extended period of time, as well as the Joy Con Charger ($29.99 charges four Joy Cons), screen protector, and car adapter. And if you didn't get one already, pick up a 128GB SD micro card for storage--you can get one for as cheap as $49 on NewEgg.com or Amazon.com.

To the storage part, why doesn't Nintendo up their storage? You could get like 6 games that take up 40 gigs of storage and you are toast. The other systems have a lot more gb in them and better storage so I was wondering why don't they up the storage to 100gb or something like that. If they did that people wouldn't have to by external hardware, or better yet make a nintendo sd card or something like the gamecube memory card. It makes me think about waiting to buy one and maybe wait till they come out with a bigger gb system. If not I am getting one at a price decline to save money to get external hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

Physical:

Mario Kart 8

Digital Offerings:

To the storage part, why doesn't Nintendo up their storage? You could get like 6 games that take up 40 gigs of storage and you are toast. The other systems have a lot more gb in them and better storage so I was wondering why don't they up the storage to 100gb or something like that. If they did that people wouldn't have to by external hardware, or better yet make a nintendo sd card or something like the gamecube memory card. It makes me think about waiting to buy one and maybe wait till they come out with a bigger gb system. If not I am getting one at a price decline to save money to get external hardware.

To keep costs down and remove potential bottlenecks from manufacture--the solid state storage is a potential bottleneck, as smartphones and other tablets use similar storage, and 32GB *should* be in plentiful stock--you go higher, and less is made and the cost goes up...though it looks like there are other parts that may become bottlenecks and keep Nintendo from upping production from ~14mil to ~20mil this fiscal year. Considering those other parts are used in Apple products, and Nintendo is small potatoes compared to what Apple can offer...that production improvement may not happen soon.

• Fire 1

I have Zelda, Mario Kart, and Binding of Isaac for full retail releases, plus Snipperclips, and two Neo Geo games. I'm absolutely in love with the hardware of the Switch. I think that a system that seamlessly goes from handheld to TV, and has two built in controllers is just brilliant. I had a flight and long layover last week and was able to break off the controllers and kill some time in the airport with my girlfriend.

That being said, there just aren't games out there. Zelda is disappointing given they spent a million years making it and it doesn't live up to other entries in the series, Mario Kart is a terrible game if you don't have someone else local to play with you, and there is almost nothing on the horizon. The Arms demo was crap, Splatoon 2 looks as uninspiring as the first, which leaves Mario Odyssey in December as the next big release on my radar.

Next to Zelda, I've probably spent the most time playing Neo Geo Turf Masters. Golf game that is very easy to pick up and play but impossible to master. Well worth the $8. I've got no problem playing older games on my new hardware while waiting for more titles to come out, but Nintendo couldn't even get their Virtual Console up and running. Wii, Wii U and 3DS all had that in the launch window. They were so obnoxiously ill prepared for the Switch launch. They haven't paid attention to the Wii U in years, and now the two big Switch games are just Wii U games. What in the hell has Nintendo been doing these past few years?

I have Zelda, Mario Kart, and Binding of Isaac for full retail releases, plus Snipperclips, and two Neo Geo games. I'm absolutely in love with the hardware of the Switch. I think that a system that seamlessly goes from handheld to TV, and has two built in controllers is just brilliant. I had a flight and long layover last week and was able to break off the controllers and kill some time in the airport with my girlfriend.

That being said, there just aren't games out there. Zelda is disappointing given they spent a million years making it and it doesn't live up to other entries in the series, Mario Kart is a terrible game if you don't have someone else local to play with you, and there is almost nothing on the horizon. The Arms demo was crap, Splatoon 2 looks as uninspiring as the first, which leaves Mario Odyssey in December as the next big release on my radar.

Next to Zelda, I've probably spent the most time playing Neo Geo Turf Masters. Golf game that is very easy to pick up and play but impossible to master. Well worth the $8. I've got no problem playing older games on my new hardware while waiting for more titles to come out, but Nintendo couldn't even get their Virtual Console up and running. Wii, Wii U and 3DS all had that in the launch window. They were so obnoxiously ill prepared for the Switch launch. They haven't paid attention to the Wii U in years, and now the two big Switch games are just Wii U games. What in the hell has Nintendo been doing these past few years?

As someone who has religiously played Zelda games since 1988, I strongly disagree with this.