Tanner Lee getting some early press

Decent article from SI about Lee being a "spring practice all-star" poised for breakout year. NU might go as far as the O, on the arm of our QB's can go. It will be interesting for sure. Just glad to see NU, at least specific players, getting some positive coverage.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/05/12/spring-practice-all-stars-breakout-players

In the video of Tanner on that link, did I actually see him look at the short wide out first, than change to the deep corner route? Is that even fair???!!!??? :-)

• Fire 1

Decent article from SI about Lee being a "spring practice all-star" poised for breakout year. NU might go as far as the O, on the arm of our QB's can go. It will be interesting for sure. Just glad to see NU, at least specific players, getting some positive coverage.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/05/12/spring-practice-all-stars-breakout-players

In the video of Tanner on that link, did I actually see him look at the short wide out first, than change to the deep corner route? Is that even fair???!!!??? :-)

Yes. He actually looked and dipped his shoulder..... You know, little things to make a DB hesitate or bite.....

• 1 month later...

OMG you guys...he's had multiple concussions. We better bench him and not let him play and every time his name is brought up, argue whether we should let him in the game.

Sorry, got confused a bit there...we only do that for Zach Darlington.

dedhoarse:sarcasm

Haha. Reading that article I came away with several things.

He's tough and will play hurt.

Seems to be a competitor.

Dude got beat like a drum.

Love it?

These guys don't have comparable injury histories.

Oh that's right....concussions are variable.

Because when they say concussion in one news article...it's different when they say 'concussion' in another. We're all medical doctors and can totally understand the difference.

After the unbelievable amount of concussion training we have received as coaches in the state and then even more by the Metro conference, I can assure you that there are absolutely different levels of concussions.

• Fire 3

Bashed my head pretty good in an ACAV accident while in the army a long time ago. Saw stars and the Mother Mary for two weeks afterward. Had headaches for a good year later when I took any kind of impact or got over-exerted. Medic wrote "noted some head impact trauma" in the notes. Got some aspirin and mounted up again. Sure glad it wasn't a concussion. :-)

All humor aside, a blow to the head isn't anything to trifle about. Am glad they are doing a good protocol these days. As others have said, there are varying degrees, and most don't have a long term effect. Still, best to err on the safe side. Many will tell you I"m still not right. Especially my wife.