OT Devontae Dobbs [Michigan State - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

22 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Dobbs commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

How is auburn more elite than Michigan state?

They have played for a few national titles in the last 10 years. Also got screwed out of an opportunity for one in the early 2000's. Plus historically they have won other titles.

Michigan state has not been a real threat to win a national title since like the 50's. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

They have played for a few national titles in the last 10 years. Also got screwed out of an opportunity for one in the early 2000's. Plus historically they have won other titles.

Michigan state has not been a real threat to win a national title since like the 50's. 

They did get waxed but Mich St made the CFB Playoff in 2015....

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, caveman99 said:

And Auburn has actually won a title in 2010 and was in the title game again in January 2014.

I never stated that they were better than Auburn, but to say they haven't had a shot since the 50's is ludicrous. They are one of the most under appreciated programs this past decade for the success they have had 

19 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I never stated that they were better than Auburn, but to say they haven't had a shot since the 50's is ludicrous. They are one of the most under appreciated programs this past decade for the success they have had 

So when during the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's until present has anyone actually thought they were a legit contender for a national championship? This 2015 team you talk about got pounded 38-0 in the first round of the playoff. Not to mention they lost to a Mike Riley Nebraska team that year- if that doesnt say it all. So if that year is your best example I rest my case.

43 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So when during the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's until present has anyone actually thought they were a legit contender for a national championship? This 2015 team you talk about got pounded 38-0 in the first round of the playoff. Not to mention they lost to a Mike Riley Nebraska team that year- if that doesnt say it all. So if that year is your best example I rest my case.

This will be my last post since I don't want to derail the thread. For starters, if you make the CFB Playoff you set yourself up for winning a NC. Period. Also in 2013 many felt they could have played for the NC. They went 13-1 and beat #2 Ohio State and #5 Stanford, lost a close game at a ranked ND earlier in the year. These two examples don't even count the other 3x that Mich St won 11 games under Dantonio. 

12 hours ago, caveman99 said:

And Auburn has actually won a title in 2010 and was in the title game again in January 2014.

And, the only reason they won that championship is by cheating and paying a QBs family $300,000 to come play.  Take that little fact away and they aren't much different of a program than MSU.

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, the only reason they won that championship is by cheating and paying a QBs family $300,000 to come play.  Take that little fact away and they aren't much different of a program than MSU.

lmfao. Take away the National Championship they won and they're not that different from each other! 

Take away the National Championship win, other National Championship appearance, and both conference titles and they're not that different from Nebraska sine 2010!

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

lmfao. Take away the National Championship they won and they're not that different from each other! 

Take away the National Championship win, other National Championship appearance, and both conference titles and they're not that different from Nebraska sine 2010!

I"m not talking about Nebraska.

• 4 weeks later...

• Mavric changed the title to OT Devontae Dobbs [Michigan State Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Devontae Dobbs [Michigan State - Signed LOI]