ESPN: 10 High-Stakes Games for the 2017 Season

Well, I guess we will be crushing that CFP dream for the Cheese Heads. Wisconsin is not leaving Lincoln with a W in 2017.

Agreed. I'll be shocked if Wisconsin beats us. Their schedule is insane. I've been calling it all the way we will beat them this year.

@ 1995 Redux and Huskers44...

Fellas, I like where your respective heads are at...but Nebraska will not beat Wisconsin this, or any other year.

Wisconsin consistently:

• plays harder
  • executes better
  • is tougher
  • and "wants" it more

than Nebraska does.

That's why they beat us every single year.

You really need to learn how to state facts in past tense when it's appropriate and to quit lumping people and things into such black and white categories. It's very off-putting.

What I said covers up to right now...hence usage of present tense.

Can anyone make the case that Wisconsin hasn't utterly dominated Nebraska since we've joined the Big 10?

What's wrong with being definitive here and putting things in stark "black and white?"

Nebraska joined the Big 10 in 2011. The Huskers have beaten the Badgers one time. Once! Three other times, we've been taken behind the woodshed and beaten so badly I think Melvin Gordon is still scoring TDs against the defense.

Look, I'm not going to apologize for being blunt. When Nebraska starts playing better: beating Wisconsin at least half the time, doesn't get pounded by Ohio State by 59, and/or lose to Iowa by 30, etc...then I'll give full credit.

No argument from me, they have dominated (as in past tense) us. The problem is with what you originally said "Nebraska will not beat Wisconsin this, or any other year." Surely you can recognize the difference.

• Fire 1

El Diaco said: No argument from me, they have dominated (as in past tense) us. The problem is with what you originally said "Nebraska will not beat Wisconsin this, or any other year." Surely you can recognize the difference.

I can and do recognize the difference. Oh, and don't call me Shirley.... :dumdum

In all seriousness, Nebraska has GOT to start playing better, especially against the "big boys" of the conference. Call it being more physical, call it wanting it more, call it whatever you wish. The sad thing is, I think Wisconsin "wants it" more than we do.

If Nebraska can beat Wisconsin this year, terrific. I just think that, like Texas, they have our number and we're going to lose. The way they could convince me otherwise is to win this season, then string together another 2-3 consecutive wins and bring the overall series closer to .500, rather than the .200 it currently sits at.

"Wisconsin will beat us this year. And every year."

"If we can beat Wisconsin, terrific."

"But Wisconsin will beat us."

"The only way to change my mind about them beating us is if we beat them. If we win, then I'll change my mind about us losing."

ac3.jpg

• Fire 7

Well, I guess we will be crushing that CFP dream for the Cheese Heads. Wisconsin is not leaving Lincoln with a W in 2017.

Agreed. I'll be shocked if Wisconsin beats us. Their schedule is insane. I've been calling it all the way we will beat them this year.

Fellas, I like where your respective heads are at...but Nebraska will not beat Wisconsin this, or any other year.

Wisconsin consistently:

• plays harder
  • executes better
  • is tougher
  • and "wants" it more

than Nebraska does.

You really need to learn how to state facts in past tense when it's appropriate and to quit lumping people and things into such black and white categories. It's very off-putting.

Can anyone make the case that Wisconsin hasn't utterly dominated Nebraska since we've joined the Big 10?

What's wrong with being definitive here and putting things in stark "black and white?"

Nebraska joined the Big 10 in 2011. The Huskers have beaten the Badgers one time. Once! Three other times, we've been taken behind the woodshed and beaten so badly I think Melvin Gordon is still scoring TDs against the defense.

Look, I'm not going to apologize for being blunt. When Nebraska starts playing better: beating Wisconsin at least half the time, doesn't get pounded by Ohio State by 59, and/or lose to Iowa by 30, etc...then I'll give full credit.

We all appreciate the history lesson, but nobody here has forgotten what a disaster our series eith Wisconsin has been.

Now, subtract the Pelini era debacles from the equation and only look at what currently matters, the last two seasons. The games were viciously close, and let's be frank, we weren't that great of a team overall either year. I, as well as many others, expect the Badgers to take a step back in 2017. So even if Nebraska doesn't improve (which we will), with the game being in Lincoln, we have the advantage.

Cling to the Pelini-Wisconsin beatdowns all you want, they have little bearing on this season.

• Fire 6

"Wisconsin will beat us this year. And every year."

"If we can beat Wisconsin, terrific."

"But Wisconsin will beat us."

"The only way to change my mind about them beating us is if we beat them. If we win, then I'll change my mind about us losing."

ac3.jpg

Sorry man, when it come to Wisconsin...they just utterly own us. I want to believe we'll win, but until we do...

2016 (7) Nebraska 17 @ 23 Wisconsin (11) OT

2015 Nebraska 21 vs. 23 Wisconsin

2014 (11) Nebraska 24 @ 59 Wisconsin (22)

2012 (14) Nebraska 31 vs. 70 Wisconsin

2012 (20) Nebraska 30 vs. 27 Wisconsin (23)

2011 (8) Nebraska 17 @ 48 Wisconsin (7)

Nebraska has been the higher ranked team vs. Wisconsin 4 out of the 6 matchups:

This just shows how everything has almost always come down to beating Wisconsin. The only year we managed to do it, we made to Indianapolis.

In terms of talent and recruiting, we should be consistently beating Wisconsin, not losing to them.

And Iowa.......It just goes to show, its a combination of talent and coaching. IMHO, with the recent firings, we should have the coaching ability to match the talent on D. On offense, we appear to have the talent to the match the coaching. Hoping to see a marked improvement. Beating Wisky and Iowa would go a long way into showing this.

• Fire 1

As mentioned above, NU needs to play with significantly more physicality and heart than they have shown in the past 15 years save 2009...... They get owned in the trenches and lack that "step on the throat" attitude. I am hoping that the D is starting to find this. The OL after the UT debacle in the bowl talked a good game, but lets see it show up. Cav needs to to coach as though his job depends on it. Which it should this season IMO.....

• Fire 1

Wisconsin consistently:

• plays harder
  • executes better
  • is tougher
  • and "wants" it more

than Nebraska does.

We all appreciate the history lesson, but nobody here has forgotten what a disaster our series eith Wisconsin has been.

Now, subtract the Pelini era debacles from the equation and only look at what currently matters, the last two seasons. The games were viciously close, and let's be frank, we weren't that great of a team overall either year. I, as well as many others, expect the Badgers to take a step back in 2017. So even if Nebraska doesn't improve (which we will), with the game being in Lincoln, we have the advantage.

Cling to the Pelini-Wisconsin beatdowns all you want, they have little bearing on this season.

Not "clinging" to anything. :mellow:

Once again, pointing what should (but is not) blatantly obvious: Wisconsin utterly owns Nebraska.

Until we start notching victories, and not get beaten like a red-haired adopted dog, yeah...I'm going remain skeptical.

Wisconsin consistently:

• plays harder
  • executes better
  • is tougher
  • and "wants" it more
than Nebraska does.

Those beatings from Wisconsin were pretty bad. Someone here was calling Pelini 408 and got banned for it no? At first I couldn't figure out who he was referencing with "408", when I got it, I laughed so hard. :D

Wisconsin consistently:

• plays harder
  • executes better
  • is tougher
  • and "wants" it more

than Nebraska does.

Once again, pointing what should (but is not) blatantly obvious: Wisconsin utterly owns Nebraska.

Until we start notching victories, and not get beaten like a red-haired adopted dog, yeah...I'm going remain skeptical.

Yup, 2 years in a row Wisconsin barely escapes us. They own us. I guess that means since we are 3-0 against Penn State we don't need to worry about winning that one right, we own them!

Wisconsin consistently:

• plays harder
  • executes better
  • is tougher
  • and "wants" it more

than Nebraska does.

Yup, 2 years in a row Wisconsin barely escapes us. They own us. I guess that means since we are 3-0 against Penn State we don't need to worry about winning that one right, we own them!
So true, we own Penn State! Chalk that one up as a victory folks! XD man we have to get Making Chimichangas on Gameday. With his logic, he would never miss a prediction!

Wisconsin consistently:

• plays harder
  • executes better
  • is tougher
  • and "wants" it more
than Nebraska does.

I don't think its a matter of if we can beat Wisconsin, but a matter of when.

We've lost 6 of our last 7 games vs Wisconsin. Even if I don't necessarily agree with his pessimism, I can at least understand where he's coming from. :)