ESPN: 10 High-Stakes Games for the 2017 Season

Oh I understand his logic, but there is a glaring flaw in it.

Not agreeing doesn't make my logic flawed.

The flaw is you are ignoring that under the current staff Wisconsin may have a 2-0 record against us, but they haven't "owned us".

All time B1G, yeah they are way ahead and embarassed us 3x under the last regime. Big part of why he ghandi.

All time, we are 4-7 against the Badgers.

This is purely opinion but I think if Nebraska can get this Wisconsin monkey off their back they could win 4 or 5 games in a row against them?

You have to admire their consistency as a program. Despite their success it seems no one wants to stick around from a coaching perspective. Chryst may change that way of thinking.

Well, I guess we will be crushing that CFP dream for the Cheese Heads. Wisconsin is not leaving Lincoln with a W in 2017.

Agreed. I'll be shocked if Wisconsin beats us. Their schedule is insane. I've been calling it all the way we will beat them this year.

@ 1995 Redux and Huskers44...

Fellas, I like where your respective heads are at...but Nebraska will not beat Wisconsin this, or any other year.

Wisconsin consistently:

• plays harder
  • executes better
  • is tougher
  • and "wants" it more

than Nebraska does.

That's why they beat us every single year.

Iowa is starting to get that way as well.

Iowa fits all those categories better than NU.

Well, I guess we will be crushing that CFP dream for the Cheese Heads. Wisconsin is not leaving Lincoln with a W in 2017.

Agreed. I'll be shocked if Wisconsin beats us. Their schedule is insane. I've been calling it all the way we will beat them this year.

@ 1995 Redux and Huskers44...

Fellas, I like where your respective heads are at...but Nebraska will not beat Wisconsin this, or any other year.

Wisconsin consistently:

• plays harder
  • executes better
  • is tougher
  • and "wants" it more

than Nebraska does.

That's why they beat us every single year.

Iowa is starting to get that way as well.

Iowa fits all those categories better than NU.

Ha, sure they do. I'll give em toughness and harder most weeks. But as a unit, they are just as largely inconsistent as we are. See how this season and the next play out for them and we'll talk, I'm betting they regress towards a 5-7 record by 2018. Ferentz gets comfortable and they struggle, they kick it back up a notch and win a bunch they shouldn't. Rinse and repeat.

Any team that goes 12-0 is not as inconsistent as we are, regardless of their competition.

If you want to say inconsistent on a season by season basis, then sure, but that still doesn't make sense in terms of, "as inconsistent as we are", considering we've had 9+ wins in 8 of our last 9 seasons.

• Fire 1

If we are using the term consistent, I would say we are very consistent while Iowa is inconsistent season to season and that 12-0 year just goes to prove that point when you look at the seasons around it. I would prefer Iowas inconsistent high compared to our consistent 4 losses