RIP Chris Cornell

Being a teenager during the grunge era I never liked Soundgarden (or Alice in Chains). Their music just never clicked with me. But Hunger Strike, Say Hello 2 Heaven & All Night Thing from Temple of the Dog are great plus I did enjoy some of the Audioslave stuff.

That being said it's always too bad when someone passes away at a fairly young age. Especially if it was suicide or an overdose.

Being a teenager during the grunge era I never liked Soundgarden (or Alice in Chains). Their music just never clicked with me. But Hunger Strike, Say Hello 2 Heaven & All Night Thing from Temple of the Dog are great plus I did enjoy some of the Audioslave stuff.

That being said it's always too bad when someone passes away at a fairly young age. Especially if it was suicide or an overdose.

Did you like the grunge music scene at all? I understand if it didn't click with you, we all have our own tastes.

I loved the grunge scene. My brother got me The Singles soundtrack for Christmas one year, and it was my first exposure to the Seattle sound. That album had Alice in Chains, Chris Cornell (had a solo song), Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins (although they weren't from Seattle), and others. I still mostly listen to Pearl Jam radio on Pandora.

I'm really bummed about this news. His voice was a great combination of melody and power. Pearl Jam is my favorite band, but Cornell might be my favorite lead singer from that era.

Did you see PJ in Lincoln?

I saw them in Denver a couple of weeks later in 2014. First time I had seen them live, and it was amazing. I'm gonna try to catch them every time they come through the area again.

Last year, PJ played Wrigley Field, and my brother got married in Omaha the same night After the wedding, I joked to him that his wedding forced me to miss PJ at Wrigley.

I was 9 going on 10 when Superunknown was released. I think it was one of the first albums I ever bought with my own money. I remember listening to it all the time on my off-brand walkman. I thought Chris was the raddest f'ing dude ever. Man, sad day

I loved the grunge scene. My brother got me The Singles soundtrack for Christmas one year, and it was my first exposure to the Seattle sound. That album had Alice in Chains, Chris Cornell (had a solo song), Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins (although they weren't from Seattle), and others. I still mostly listen to Pearl Jam radio on Pandora.

Similar story here. My best friends older brother got me hooked on grunge/alternative music in the early 90s. It was the sound of my teens. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pumpkins, STP, etc.

Pearl Jam is my jam. I have seen them 5 times. My wife makes fun of me because I own 10ish of their bootleg concerts. I just counted and have 12 different versions of Alive and 14 different versions of Even Flow on my phone.

When in my car by myself, my XM really is only ever on Pearl Jam radio or Lithium (basically 90s alternative/grunge).

• Fire 1

I'm really bummed about this news. His voice was a great combination of melody and power. Pearl Jam is my favorite band, but Cornell might be my favorite lead singer from that era.

Did you see PJ in Lincoln?

I saw them in Denver a couple of weeks later in 2014. First time I had seen them live, and it was amazing. I'm gonna try to catch them every time they come through the area again.

Last year, PJ played Wrigley Field, and my brother got married in Omaha the same night After the wedding, I joked to him that his wedding forced me to miss PJ at Wrigley.

I had some friends go to that Denver show and they said it was amazing. Seen PJ a few times and they have never let me down. One of the best live acts ever. A show at Wrigley or Fenway would definitely be bucket list worthy.

Did you like the grunge music scene at all? I understand if it didn't click with you, we all have our own tastes.

Pearl Jam, Candlebox, STP, & Nirvana were my grunge bands of choice. I'm a huge Blind Melon guy but they really only dressed grunge (labeled more alternative) and just happened to come out during that era.

The Singles Soundtrack has one of my favorite PJ songs on it plus the Mother Love Bone song that is responsible for my oldest daughters first name.

I get Soundgardens place in grunge history and appreciate what they did, they just weren't what I was looking for.

Similar story here. My best friends older brother got me hooked on grunge/alternative music in the early 90s. It was the sound of my teens. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pumpkins, STP, etc.

Pearl Jam is my jam. I have seen them 5 times. My wife makes fun of me because I own 10ish of their bootleg concerts.

When in my car by myself, my XM really is only ever on Pearl Jam radio or Lithium (basically 90s alternative/grunge).

I like your style.

Pearl Jam is my jam. I have seen them 5 times. My wife makes fun of me because I own 10ish of their bootleg concerts.

I like your style.

Yep, we could all be friends.