Huskers B1G Regular Season Champions

Nebraska went 10-2 in the last 12 regular season conference games. They did not back into the title.

Hopefully, these couple days of extra rest for the players (especially pitchers) will turn out to be a good thing before Regionals. All of the NCAA baseball projections have us squarely in still today, not on the bubble.

I fully expect Michigan and Nebraska to be in... but we were playing for a higher seed and hosting. Neither of that will happen now...but honestly this may be for the best if we want a deep tourney run.
I don't think we would've hosted the even if we had won Big 10 Tournament. Not sure if we are a 2 or 3 in a regional now. Our RPI dropped to #43 because of Big 10 Tournament

Michigan/Nebraska/Maryland and Indiana make it IMO unless someone else steals a bid

We will be a 2 or 3 seed, no way we drop to a 4. Also think it's better for this younger team to have a road regional

Nebraska went 10-2 in the last 12 regular season conference games. They did not back into the title.

Hopefully, these couple days of extra rest for the players (especially pitchers) will turn out to be a good thing before Regionals. All of the NCAA baseball projections have us squarely in still today, not on the bubble.

I fully expect Michigan and Nebraska to be in... but we were playing for a higher seed and hosting. Neither of that will happen now...but honestly this may be for the best if we want a deep tourney run.
I don't think we would've hosted the even if we had won Big 10 Tournament. Not sure if we are a 2 or 3 in a regional now. Our RPI dropped to #43 because of Big 10 Tournament

Michigan/Nebraska/Maryland and Indiana make it IMO unless someone else steals a bid

We will be a 2 or 3 seed, no way we drop to a 4. Also think it's better for this younger team to have a road regional

Yea, that's what I was saying. I think were a 2 seed coming in to conference tourney but may have dropped to 3 so not sure which of those we are

We had a strong chance at hosting had we won the B1G tourney (and thus the B1G outright). As long as we put up our excellent attendance numbers we'll always get consideration if the rest of the resume is good enough--the NCAA likes to make money off of the tourney if possible, and our fans fill up the seats.

And I'd wager we dropped to a three seed. Probably will end up somewhere we don't want to be, like Lubbock or Ft. Worth (though the latter would be good for fan support)

No national (or local) writer thought it was possible for us to host even if we had won, i.e WarrenNolan, D1Baseball. Even if we had won, our RPI would have been above 30. Only twice in the last 6 years, has a regional host had an RPI over 30 and those were both from Top 3 RPI conferences. I do think we probably drop from a #2 to #3 which doesn't really matter, except with a Top 8 seed host now.

No national (or local) writer thought it was possible for us to host even if we had won, i.e WarrenNolan, D1Baseball. Even if we had won, our RPI would have been above 30. Only twice in the last 6 years, has a regional host had an RPI over 30 and those were both from Top 3 RPI conferences. I do think we probably drop from a #2 to #3 which doesn't really matter, except with a Top 8 seed host now.

The same was said the last time we hosted (and lost to the Richmond Spiders IIRC). We didn't really deserve it then either but got it because of history and fan support.

And again, this was based on the long shot of us winning the conference *and* tourney. If we pulled that off, we would have gotten a bump in rankings across the board and would have been a more attractive non-super host than some of the supposed non-super hosts.

They backed in by having multiple teams dribble down their leg the final two-three weeks of the season to allow them to earn the title. Yes, they earned it, but it took more help than any team deserves. Losing to MSU and PSU, especially the fashion in which they did is reason enough to be down on their title. So yeah, after Minnesota choked twice against Purdue they most certainly did back in. Heck, Giving up 9 runs to Purdue the other night is enough to question this team...in the end baseball isn't about the marathon - ask the '01 mariners - against medicore and crappy teams but the sprint against top programs, and there aren't any reliable husker players or coaches to carry them past the regionals this year. The performance in their own conference tourney is enough to validate that opinion, now 1-4 in two seasons.

If they win 1 game next week, I'll be satisfied.

• Fire 1

NU showed that they were able to come out on top of a league that is very level within the top 8 teams. Lot of "what if's" in baseball - it's a long season and one or two plays can go along way in determining a season.

It would be interesting to see what the % odds for each team winning the tournament would have been guessing that NU would have been at the top with about 18-20% and Purdue at the bottom with 6-7%.

NU should fit in well with the bottom 3 seeds in their regional and will probably struggle against the top seed. Hope team can get healthy and create some confidence going into the tournament.

• 3 weeks later...