2017 B1G Tournament

Iowa defeats Northwestern 13-4 to win Big 10 Tournament Championship

so they only play one game for the championship?
Yes. Iowa steals a bid from someone. Wonder if will be someone from the Big 10

Wouldn't be shocked if it's Minnesota or Maryland. I think only Michigan and DoNU were pre-tourney locks from the B1G, with Maryland and Minnesota taking a third and (possible? probable?) fourth slot.

Screw Iowa....we won the bigger prize

Agreed. While the tourney is nice, it doesn't prove jack or s*** like the season play does. I'm wondering if we should just do away with the tourney like the PAC-12 and play an extra conference series?

Iowa defeats Northwestern 13-4 to win Big 10 Tournament Championship

so they only play one game for the championship?
Yes. Iowa steals a bid from someone. Wonder if will be someone from the Big 10

Wouldn't be shocked if it's Minnesota or Maryland. I think only Michigan and DoNU were pre-tourney locks from the B1G, with Maryland and Minnesota taking a third and (possible? probable?) fourth slot.

Minnesota has no chance. They had to win conference tourney to make into regionals. It was Michigan, Nebraska, Maryland and Indiana were most likely going into conference tourney.

Agreed. While the tourney is nice, it doesn't prove jack or s*** like the season play does. I'm wondering if we should just do away with the tourney like the PAC-12 and play an extra conference series?

Agree

The regular season would mean more and there would be a better chance of the best team winning - due to the additional series.

The revenue would also be better with home teams doing a better job of filling the stadium - didn't look like the attendance was very good this week. That final game looked like a Miami U football game. Only way the tournament does well is if it is held in Nebraska and i'm guessing there would be 11 teams complaining each year on that one.

Agree

The regular season would mean more and there would be a better chance of the best team winning - due to the additional series.

The revenue would also be better with home teams doing a better job of filling the stadium - didn't look like the attendance was very good this week. That final game looked like a Miami U football game. Only way the tournament does well is if it is held in Nebraska and i'm guessing there would be 11 teams complaining each year on that one.

Well at least it's here for the next five years. Time to win five straight tourney titles? *Laughs evilly*