Terence Crawford

It's among the best performances I've ever seen in my lifetime.  Arguably the best.  Absolute masterclass.

What's left for Crawford?  40 fights into his career it seems like he's beaten anyone that could conceivably challenge him, and he's never really been challenged.  Nobody has been close to his level.  Ennis?  Charlo??  He'd make those guys look mediocre too. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Absolute destruction by Bud. What a whoopin.

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

It's among the best performances I've ever seen in my lifetime.  Arguably the best.  Absolute masterclass.

What's left for Crawford?  40 fights into his career it seems like he's beaten anyone that could conceivably challenge him, and he's never really been challenged.  Nobody has been close to his level.  Ennis?  Charlo??  He'd make those guys look mediocre too. 

Not sure on who's next right? Does anyone want to see Bud fight Keith Thurman? Charlo is a reasonable guess although that would be a while since Charlo fights Canelo later this year. Perhaps Tszyu although that doesn't really do anything for Bud unless it's for a ton of money. I'd surprised if Spence doesn't activate his rematch clause although Bud would get to choose the weight class they fight at. The public probably doesn't have much desire to see part 2 it would still most likely be the most lucrative fight for Bud. He's already 35 and has just now been making 'mega' money. I think he made $10mm against Avanesyan and I know he was guaranteed $10mm against Spence plus PPV. It looks like there were at least 700k PPV buys which is a pretty good number all things considered. The other thing is if Spence is looking to wind things down, getting another mega payday is probably a good idea.

On 7/30/2023 at 1:35 PM, Xmas32 said:

Absolute destruction by Bud. What a whoopin.

Not sure on who's next right? Does anyone want to see Bud fight Keith Thurman? Charlo is a reasonable guess although that would be a while since Charlo fights Canelo later this year. Perhaps Tszyu although that doesn't really do anything for Bud unless it's for a ton of money. I'd surprised if Spence doesn't activate his rematch clause although Bud would get to choose the weight class they fight at. The public probably doesn't have much desire to see part 2 it would still most likely be the most lucrative fight for Bud. He's already 35 and has just now been making 'mega' money. I think he made $10mm against Avanesyan and I know he was guaranteed $10mm against Spence plus PPV. It looks like there were at least 700k PPV buys which is a pretty good number all things considered. The other thing is if Spence is looking to wind things down, getting another mega payday is probably a good idea.

I think they both got 25 million each for this fight.  Crawford could be a 3 time undisputed champ if he moves up to 154.  Becoming a one time undisputed champ is great, becoming twice is masterful.  Charlo and Ennis both want that smoke from Crawford, good luck to that.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

On 8/7/2023 at 10:59 AM, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think they both got 25 million each for this fight.  Crawford could be a 3 time undisputed champ if he moves up to 154.  Becoming a one time undisputed champ is great, becoming twice is masterful.  Charlo and Ennis both want that smoke from Crawford, good luck to that.

Ha, agreed. Glad to see Crawford and Spence both got a nice chunk of change for the fight. I guess we'll see what shakes out over the next few months eh?

21 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

I say Ennis is his next best option at 147. Charlo has Alvarez and probably won't be ready to fight again until after the new year.

I think he said that he wants to move up in weight bc he walks around in the 160 range.  I also think that Charlo has a better resume of opponents then Ennis.  So I think he should be 3 time undisputed champ.  Also I heard since Charlo is moving up in weight he is losing one of his belts.

• 2 weeks later...