What kind of projects can you do around your house?

57 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Curious where you installed it. In a new bathroom or in an existing bathroom that had enough extra space?  I'd love to put one in our master bath but there isn't a place for it without remodeling the whole room. Typically they install next to an existing toilet.

I actually found an attachment on Amazon. It's made by Astor if you wanna look it up. Only issue is it's not heated.

37 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The bidet's I've seen in homes replace the toilet, not installed next to it.

A true bidet cannot replace a toilet. They aren't designed to poop in or flush. They're basically just a sink you sit on to wash your junk. The bidet seats/attachments are just something that give you bidet functionality on a toilet.

40 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I actually found an attachment on Amazon. It's made by Astor if you wanna look it up. Only issue is it's not heated.

Not sure the boys could handle unheated water here. Our tap water is usually colder than refrigerated water bottles.:o

13 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

A true bidet cannot replace a toilet. They aren't designed to poop in or flush. They're basically just a sink you sit on to wash your junk. The bidet seats/attachments are just something that give you bidet functionality on a toilet.

Correct, but the combination toilet/bidet fits in the same space as a regular toilet, which you said you didn't have the space for and I've seen in a few houses. Something to consider.

51 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Correct, but the combination toilet/bidet fits in the same space as a regular toilet, which you said you didn't have the space for and I've seen in a few houses. Something to consider.

Good point. I haven't run across one of those yet but I'll check some more.

8 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Good point. I haven't run across one of those yet but I'll check some more.

This one replaces the toilet seat it looks like. It's fancy. It also costs 10x what mine cost.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0758D438F/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1523991948&sr=8-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=heated+bidet

Edited by Moiraine

I use toilet paper to wipe my ass.  (TMI??)  No complaints so far.   As far as home owner projects, I did replace the TP holder with one of those fancy metal recessed TP holders a few years ago.  IIRC it cost me about $12 or so.  So there's that.  :)   

• Plus1 1

Anyone here have experience using a corded electric chainsaw?  I have a gas engine Poulan Pro 20 that I use, but it's so loud I feel like I'm bugging the neighbors with noise when I use it.  (They've never complained.  But still...)   So anyway I ordered a Worx 16 inch corded chainsaw.  It has a 14.5 amp motor which I guess is okay.  (Most corded chainsaws have 10 to 12 amp motors.)  I guess what I'm wondering is how well this thing will cut wood, and how long can I expect it to last.  I ordered it yesterday on-line, and will get it in a couple of days.  

20 minutes ago, NUance said:

Anyone here have experience using a corded electric chainsaw?  I have a gas engine Poulan Pro 20 that I use, but it's so loud I feel like I'm bugging the neighbors with noise when I use it.  (They've never complained.  But still...)   So anyway I ordered a Worx 16 inch corded chainsaw.  It has a 14.5 amp motor which I guess is okay.  (Most corded chainsaws have 10 to 12 amp motors.)  I guess what I'm wondering is how well this thing will cut wood, and how long can I expect it to last.  I ordered it yesterday on-line, and will get it in a couple of days.  

I prefer corded (and even cordless) to gas chainsaws, but I use them so infrequently I'm not sure if I'll be much help. I used my cordless maybe a few dozen times over ten years or so before I loaned it to my brother-in-law and haven't needed it since (and I don't remember the brand). Worked just as well at year 10 as it did new, but it wasn't used much.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I prefer corded (and even cordless) to gas chainsaws, but I use them so infrequently I'm not sure if I'll be much help. I used my cordless maybe a few dozen times over ten years or so before I loaned it to my brother-in-law and haven't needed it since (and I don't remember the brand). Worked just as well at year 10 as it did new, but it wasn't used much.

The one I bought is going to get a pretty good workout.  I have a nice pile of logs from a black locust tree sitting in my back yard.  I need to cut them into small enough chunks to get in my wood splitter.  I'm told black locust is one of the hardest woods in North America.  And it's better firewood than oak.  

12 minutes ago, NUance said:

The one I bought is going to get a pretty good workout.  I have a nice pile of logs from a black locust tree sitting in my back yard.  I need to cut them into small enough chunks to get in my wood splitter.  I'm told black locust is one of the hardest woods in North America.  And it's better firewood than oak.  

Black locust is notoriously difficult to cut. Good luck.

FYI, black locust is extremely weather resistant, and I highly recommend using it for fence posts and it'll last for many years without any treatments/coatings/repainting. I haven't tried it for sheds, decking, or chairs/stumps for sitting, but I imagine it'll be really good at those uses as well.

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Black locust is notoriously difficult to cut. Good luck.

FYI, black locust is extremely weather resistant, and I highly recommend using it for fence posts and it'll last for many years without any treatments/coatings/repainting. I haven't tried it for sheds, decking, or chairs/stumps for sitting, but I imagine it'll be really good at those uses as well.

Ha ha!  Fence posts?  I live in a town, not a farm.  Also, I got this wood already cut up into 3 to 5 foot logs by a tree contractor.  It came from a friend's yard a few blocks away.  I just had to load it in my truck and haul it home.  Firewood for a year!  But I might save a few sticks back from some project or other.   lol :)