Should Nebraska/Iowa Stay on Black Friday?

I vote Miami. Why does it have to be an in-conference game? WAY better ratings. Miami doesn't have a "traditional" Thanksgiving opponent, anyway.

Miami wouldn't ever want that, and that leaves zero room to schedule any other marquee OOC opponents each year.

If I understand correctly, the channel is moving for sure to Fox Sports? But we don't know what time slot the game is going to be played in? Who cares about the channel? Most Husker fans will watch it regardless of the channel. And the die hard Husker fans will watch regardless of the timeslot too. The audience we'll lose is the casual sports fan. But if we're not ranked well into the top twenty most casual fans won't care about the Nebraska-Iowa game anyway. I guess I don't see what the big deal is.

The 2017 game is going to be on FS1 at 3 PM Central time.

I agree that I don't care about if the game is on ABC/ESPN or FOX/FS1. Yes, the game will lose the casual fan audience, but the Nebraska fans will still be able to find the game. It's not a huge deal.

I vote Miami. Why does it have to be an in-conference game? WAY better ratings. Miami doesn't have a "traditional" Thanksgiving opponent, anyway.

I am all for this. Seeing them freezing to death every year while we trounce them in Lincoln would be fun too.

I would like for Nebraska to keep playing on black Friday. It's been that way for about as long as I can remember. OU, CU then Iowa. But, more than that, I want Nebraska to quit sh#ting the bed on nationally televised games, including black Friday. I couldn't care less if Iowa is involved in it or not.

• Fire 3

Nobody outside of the Iowa/Nebraska fanbases cares about this game unless it has title implications. It's not like this game will be attracting a huge audience. That being said, it's a big blow when one of our games gets moved from OTA to digital cable because it significantly reduces potential viewers who can't afford it.

You could say that about any "rivalry" game. When USC is 7-5 and UCLA is 5-7, does anyone consider it appointment TV? In the 90s, did anyone outside of Bama/SEC care about Bama/Auburn?

• Fire 2

Reasons I watch games.

1. Nebraska is one of the teams playing

2. I bet on the game

That is it. I don't care if it is #1 Bama vs #2 LSU...if I didn't bet the game it won't be as high on my list as a Northwestern vs Purdue game if I have cash on that one.

All of us will watch the Nebraska game, doesn't matter if it is Friday or Saturday...doesn't matter what station.

Let's invite Oklahoma and Kansas to the Big Ten, then on Black Friday we can play......KANSAS in a yearly matchup!!!

Heck make it KSU and I'll be in

Screw that. When the Big 12 folds, I want Kansas State to fall to a group of 5 conference like C-USA or MtnWest.

Nobody outside of the Iowa/Nebraska fanbases cares about this game unless it has title implications. It's not like this game will be attracting a huge audience. That being said, it's a big blow when one of our games gets moved from OTA to digital cable because it significantly reduces potential viewers who can't afford it.

You could say that about any "rivalry" game. When USC is 7-5 and UCLA is 5-7, does anyone consider it appointment TV? In the 90s, did anyone outside of Bama/SEC care about Bama/Auburn?

The answer to both of your questions is yes.

Anecdotal evidence - reddit college football has 250,000 users. You look at Nebraska vs joe schmo game threads, it's 80-90% Nebraska fans and a few of the opposing fans. You look at USC/UCLA or Bama/Auburn game threads, there's thousands more comments and they're from fans of any team you can think of.