LB Nick Henrich [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Henrich commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Yup. I saw the same thing and 100% figured it was Henrich. So, does this change anyone's mind? Is it a big deal if Frost misses out on his #1 guy in 2019?

No bc it will probably be out of his control if he does.  Certainly won’t be bc of lack of effort.  

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Yup. I saw the same thing and 100% figured it was Henrich. So, does this change anyone's mind? Is it a big deal if Frost misses out on his #1 guy in 2019?

Since you can't say for certain that it's Henrich, no. 

And even if you could say it's Henrich, no. 

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

It would suck (a lot), but isn't a red flag. But that's just my opinion. Omaha is weird right now with recruiting wise, the N doesn't carry near the weight it use to. I'm sure a main focus for the staff will be to plant a flag in Omaha, the rest of the state is already at that point (thankfully).

Year 3, as relationships are built and traction is gained....yes red flag.

• Plus1 2

Look at the kids we've offered in the last four recruiting classes (2016-2019):

Committed soon after being offered:

Nelson - Non Omaha

Snodgrass - Non Omaha

Piper - Non Omaha

Jurgen - Non Omaha

Mapieu - Non Omaha

Allen - Non Omaha

Walker - Non Omaha

Bradley - Omaha

Stille - Non Omaha 

Englehaupt - Non Omaha

Drag out/Comitted elsewhere:

Hickman - Omaha

Henrich - Omaha

Williams - Non Omaha 

Fant - Omaha

Bubak - Non Omaha (actually committed N right away but flipped after coaching change)

Relatively speaking we've handled our business in the rest of the state the last 4 classes and kind of struggled in Omaha. It will take time to turn that around. 

Side note: I think landing Hickman and Henrich would speed up the process greatly. 

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

It would suck (a lot), but isn't a red flag. But that's just my opinion. Omaha is weird right now with recruiting wise, the N doesn't carry near the weight it use to. I'm sure a main focus for the staff will be to plant a flag in Omaha, the rest of the state is already at that point (thankfully).

Year 3, as relationships are built and traction is gained....yes red flag.

I would be in line with type of thought. Realizing how high an in-state prospect (assuming it is Henrich) is on the board for Frost, it is a blow always to not get your top recruit. It would be harder to stomach for the staff that he is an in-state recruit. However, I wonder where the fault lines of blame are. Do you put the brunt of the blame on a new staff in Year 1 trying to rebuild the reputation of a program nationally and, don't kind yourself, in-state as well?

1 minute ago, Warrior10 said:

Nelson - Non Omaha

Snodgrass - Non Omaha

Piper - Non Omaha

Jurgen - Non Omaha

Mapieu - Non Omaha

Allen - Non Omaha

Walker - Non Omaha

Bradley - Omaha

Stille - Non Omaha 

Englehaupt - Non Omaha

Hickman - Omaha

Henrich - Omaha

Williams - Non Omaha 

Fant - Omaha

Bubak - Non Omaha (actually committed N right away but flipped after coaching change)

Relatively speaking we've handled our business in the rest of the state the last 4 classes and kind of struggled in Omaha. It will take time to turn that around. 

Side note: I think landing Hickman and Henrich would speed up the process greatly. 

There is certainly work to be made up in Omaha, which is especially strange given how many former players are coaches in the city. It points to how damaged the relationship between the U and the schools in the city became over the last 15 years. 

33 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

There is certainly work to be made up in Omaha, which is especially strange given how many former players are coaches in the city. It points to how damaged the relationship between the U and the schools in the city became over the last 15 years. 

Yup, thankfully I think the brand can be restored relatively easy. But it won't happen overnight.

42 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Nelson - Non Omaha

Snodgrass - Non Omaha

Piper - Non Omaha

Jurgen - Non Omaha

Mapieu - Non Omaha

Allen - Non Omaha

Walker - Non Omaha

Bradley - Omaha

Stille - Non Omaha 

Englehaupt - Non Omaha

Hickman - Omaha

Henrich - Omaha

Williams - Non Omaha 

Fant - Omaha

Well...Omaha is the biggest city in the state right? Probably should get it locked down.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

I would be in line with type of thought. Realizing how high an in-state prospect (assuming it is Henrich) is on the board for Frost, it is a blow always to not get your top recruit. It would be harder to stomach for the staff that he is an in-state recruit. However, I wonder where the fault lines of blame are. Do you put the brunt of the blame on a new staff in Year 1 trying to rebuild the reputation of a program nationally and, don't kind yourself, in-state as well?

While it would sting if Henrich commits elsewhere we can't overlook the fact that he's an Iowa legacy, Iowa has mollywhopped Nebraska for the past few years and they've also had a history of churning out some outstanding LBs.  

• Plus1 3

People have to realize as well that not all kids are fans of in-state teams believe it or not. As mentioned, his dad played at Iowa as well. As long as the coaches are offering kids who deserve a spot and continually recruit them that is all we can ask for. Hell, Scott Frost of all people even chose Stanford. 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric pinned this topic