LB Nick Henrich [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Henrich commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

It would be handy if Omaha would start pulling it's weight in producing Power 5 prospects as well.

Absolutely. After @Warrior10 posted the Power 5 recruits in Nebraska over the last 4 cycles, it is clear Omaha is underproducing what the rest of Nebraska has done relative to population size. Though listening to people like Damon Benning and Matt Vrzal, radio personalities who coach in the metro, it sounds like Omaha will be talent rich over the next couple of recruiting cycles. The fact that Frost's staff is getting a lot of  face time OPS HS now may pay out with future talent.

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Disappointing.... yes.  Disastrous...no.  Indication of how his tenure here will go....no.

Once upon a time Frost was the #1 target of Osborne. Nebraska did not land Frost at the time- and we were humming as the top program in the country at the time. So if Frost misses on Henrich in his first full recruiting cycle trying to rebuild the brand. Doesnt bother me personally at all

19 hours ago, Mavric said:

It would be handy if Omaha would start pulling it's weight in producing Power 5 prospects as well.

It's getting better in recent years, but the lack of good prospect from both Lincoln and Omaha the past 10 or so years has been staggering. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

It's getting better in recent years, but the lack of good prospect from both Lincoln and Omaha the past 10 or so years has been staggering. 

I don't think it's really been better recently.  In the past three years, only Fant and Bradly have been in the Top 5 rated prospects in Nebraska that went to high school in the Metro.  It looks like it may be getting better going forward.

37 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't think it's really been better recently.  In the past three years, only Fant and Bradly have been in the Top 5 rated prospects in Nebraska that went to high school in the Metro.  It looks like it may be getting better going forward.

I did some looking, and out of the top 5 recruits in the state (as ranked by 247) in the last 5 cycles (2015-2019), the Omaha Metro has produced 9 of the top 25 recruits in the state. In terms of a ratio of size to the rest of the state, that proportion is way out of whack. 

To further illustrate your point, 2015 had 4 of those recruits, and 2019 has 2 of them. 2018 had none. 

3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I did some looking, and out of the top 5 recruits in the state (as ranked by 247) in the last 5 cycles (2015-2019), the Omaha Metro has produced 9 of the top 25 recruits in the state. In terms of a ratio of size to the rest of the state, that proportion is way out of whack. 

To further illustrate your point, 2015 had 4 of those recruits, and 2019 has 2 of them. 2018 had none. 

To me the question is how many kids play hs football in Nebraska and how many are from OPS? Or even the metro. There’s your ratio. My guess is the metro is pulling its weight. 

54 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

To me the question is how many kids play hs football in Nebraska and how many are from OPS? Or even the metro. There’s your ratio. My guess is the metro is pulling its weight. 

No, that's not how to figure it.  It's how many kids there are in the schools, not just playing football.  And the Metro has not been pulling it's weight - nor has Lincoln for that matter.  The Huskers missed on Fant but all the guys the Huskers have gotten the last three or so years have been Class B/C guys.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Mavric said:

No, that's not how to figure it.  It's how many kids there are in the schools, not just playing football.  And the Metro has not been pulling it's weight - nor has Lincoln for that matter.  The Huskers missed on Fant but all the guys the Huskers have gotten the last three or so years have been Class B/C guys.

If 9 of 25 guys are from the metro, that’s 36%. Are you saying the metro accounts for more than that in total student population? I moved away years ago. I honestly don’t know. 

• Mavric pinned this topic