LB Nick Henrich [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Henrich commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Omaha metro accounts for 48% of Nebraska population. 

And if you look just at the 2016-2019 classes that @Warrior10 mentioned (which catalyzed this conversation), there were 4 Omaha kids in the total 15 Power 5 prospects in Nebraska in those classes. So, 27% of Power 5 Nebraska prospects in the last 4 cycles were from Omaha. Taking into consideration that Omaha accounts for 48% of Nebraska population, Omaha is not well represented (whether you want to use the 36% in the last 5 years or 27% in the last 4 years figures).

• Plus1 2

Just now, Thanks_Tom RR said:

And if you look just at the 2016-2019 classes that @Warrior10 mentioned (which catalyzed this conversation), there were 4 Omaha kids in the total 15 Power 5 prospects in Nebraska in those classes. So, 27% of Power 5 Nebraska prospects in the last 4 cycles were from Omaha. Taking into consideration that Omaha accounts for 48% of Nebraska population, Omaha is not well represented (whether you want to use the 36% in the last 5 years or 27% in the last 4 years figures).

Add Lincoln to that equation and you have over 62% of the states population; the Capital City hasn't been pulling its weight, either. 

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, Mavric said:

It would be handy if Omaha would start pulling it's weight in producing Power 5 prospects as well.

I can remember seven backs off the top of my head that Omaha sent to Lincoln in my teens and early 20's. After Ahman the well dried-up. 

• Plus1 1

• Mavric pinned this topic