LB Nick Henrich [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Henrich commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

It's a forum ... a forum of opinions ... I spoke up because "a coin flip" didn't seem to jive with the recent momentum swinging in our favor shown forth with predictions.  It was our momentum that seemed to snuff out Iowa's hopes.  In a two-school race and our recent momentum led me to my post of seeing it as perhaps 60-40% in our favor.

Back to the recruit ... he is gonna be the real winner.  If he chooses Wisky they have great development of LB's and I have no doubt he will be playing for a B1G title at least two our of four years if he chooses them.  He will also be a part of a program that will be in the Top 25 every year.  There is a bit more risk to coming to :bigredn: but more upside and if he wants to help resurrect this program and be a part of Frost & Company it will be a special ride and if he is the player we think he is ... he could become a bit of a legend.  The program is primed for this group of players to get an extra kick for restoring the order ... as I see it.  It sounds like both the staff and players have goals of a National Championship in two years ... so if he buys in that will be a special college experience.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s also pretty rare that if the CBs are leaning heavily in one direction, the recruit goes a different direction. 

It happens, but not often. 

It’s pretty rare that CBs aren’t changed several times right up until signing day to ensure ‘accuracy’

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

It’s pretty rare that CBs aren’t changed several times right up until signing day to ensure ‘accuracy’

True but he is down to a few weeks before he announces and everything just recently switched to heavy Nebraska. Heavy Nebraska after just visiting Wisconsin on top of it 

• Plus1 1

As big as recruitment as this is, I honestly think we are undervauling the importance of this. 

We were miles behind, not even in the picture, prior to Frost/Rudd. Within 6 months we lead. 

Also this is the #1 kid on the overall board, the one the staff circled and said we must get. TO made that public even and that wasn't on accident. 

• Plus1 8
4 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

As big as recruitment as this is, I honestly think we are undervauling the importance of this. 

We were miles behind, not even in the picture, prior to Frost/Rudd. Within 6 months we lead. 

Also this is the #1 kid on the overall board, the one the staff circled and said we must get. TO made that public even and that wasn't on accident. 

Yeah, we need to keep our top talent in state. Also, I think we overlook the fact that he is a top 100 recruit. He is a monster.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

With this defense unseen, as well. Normally, a staff's second year recruiting sees an uptick, but early signing day changes that. It means staffs are behind in year 2, having to play catchup in the transition, and are trying to entice prospects who want to commit before the season rather than after seeing what the new staff can do. 

This may also be yet another victory over Wisconsin at one of their most marketable positions.

• Mavric pinned this topic