Jump to content
Mavric

LB Nick Henrich

HuskerBoard Predictor  

68 members have voted

  1. 1. To which school will Henrich commit?



Recommended Posts

My son was ready for prom at 2:30 last week and it didnt start till 6:30.  They have so much going on before prom actually starts.  They had pictures at his date's house, at our house and before prom for the school.  They also tour and have a small get together at the Old Folks Home before prom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The spring game is a big deal to us fans, and a huge recruiting strength for us, but is it really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things? It’s another practice, which both Burke recruits have been to. I agree that it would have been a positive if they both made it to the scrimmage, but I don’t really view it as a negative that they missed. A number of recruits who will eventually commit to us didn’t make it to the spring game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

The spring game is a big deal to us fans, and a huge recruiting strength for us, but is it really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things? It’s another practice, which both Burke recruits have been to. I agree that it would have been a positive if they both made it to the scrimmage, but I don’t really view it as a negative that they missed. A number of recruits who will eventually commit to us didn’t make it to the spring game.

I think it is a big deal for kids that live farther away. It gives them a reason to visit us early to see what a sold out spring game looks like and can put us on their radar for an official visit down the road.  Pretty sure Hickman and Henrich are well aware of what we have to offer as far as fan support goes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I think it is a big deal for kids that live farther away. It gives them a reason to visit us early to see what a sold out spring game looks like and can put us on their radar for an official visit down the road.  Pretty sure Hickman and Henrich are well aware of what we have to offer as far as fan support goes.  

What does it say to the players from far away that the 2 highest players from the state of Nebraska didn’t show up?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

What does it say to the players from far away that the 2 highest players from the state of Nebraska didn’t show up?

 

 

I dont have any information on this, but  I would be surprised if the out of state players (Florida, Georgia, Texas type kids) have any idea who Hickman and Henrich are if they are not there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

What does it say to the players from far away that the 2 highest players from the state of Nebraska didn’t show up?

 

 

That they live 45 minutes away from the stadium and have visited numerous times already... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Waldo said:

That they live 45 minutes away from the stadium and have visited numerous times already... 

 

That's an excuse to be here, not an excuse not to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I don't think it's much of a deal with these guys.  I'd be a lot more disappointed if it was guys who we haven't had a lot of personal contact with.  

 

They've been here before.  They'll be back.  We visit their school about every week we can.  It wasn't the greatest day to be there - and it was supposed to be worse than it was - and they had other stuff going on.

 

We have work to do.  But I don't think having them here this past Saturday means much of anything or will make-or-break their recruitment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

You guys are acting like a psychotic girlfriend...trying to make something out of nothing. 

Welcome to all of recruiting :dunno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedDenver said:

Welcome to all of recruiting :dunno

Eh, idk. I get trying to read the signals but making a huge deal of someone not choosing our spring game over prom activities seems a bit extreme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

What does it say to the players from far away that the 2 highest players from the state of Nebraska didn’t show up?

 

 

 

I heard from a guy that has a couple fish that the only thing the kids were talking about was that H & H weren't there.  I also heard that those fish died this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

This is a summary from someone who attended a event in Columbus last night SF was speaking at:

 

"Funny story, Coach Frost called Coach Tom into a practice a week and a half ago. He told Coach Tom, "I need you to come to practice and help me get this Nebraska kid for next season, we have to have him come here. He is my number one guy for next season". Awesome to hear that his number one kid is a Neb boy. The best part of this story is, Coach Tom said to Coach Frost, " I don't know why you want me to come and help, you were my number one kid and I couldn't get you over Stanford." 

 

I would assume it's Henrich. 

 

Yup. I saw the same thing and 100% figured it was Henrich. So, does this change anyone's mind? Is it a big deal if Frost misses out on his #1 guy in 2019?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

 

Yup. I saw the same thing and 100% figured it was Henrich. So, does this change anyone's mind? Is it a big deal if Frost misses out on his #1 guy in 2019?

 

no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

 

Yup. I saw the same thing and 100% figured it was Henrich. So, does this change anyone's mind? Is it a big deal if Frost misses out on his #1 guy in 2019?

No bc it will probably be out of his control if he does.  Certainly won’t be bc of lack of effort.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

 

Yup. I saw the same thing and 100% figured it was Henrich. So, does this change anyone's mind? Is it a big deal if Frost misses out on his #1 guy in 2019?

 

Since you can't say for certain that it's Henrich, no. 

 

And even if you could say it's Henrich, no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

 

Yup. I saw the same thing and 100% figured it was Henrich. So, does this change anyone's mind? Is it a big deal if Frost misses out on his #1 guy in 2019?

It would suck (a lot), but isn't a red flag. But that's just my opinion. Omaha is weird right now with recruiting wise, the N doesn't carry near the weight it use to. I'm sure a main focus for the staff will be to plant a flag in Omaha, the rest of the state is already at that point (thankfully).

 

Year 3, as relationships are built and traction is gained....yes red flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at the kids we've offered in the last four recruiting classes (2016-2019):

 

Committed soon after being offered:

Nelson - Non Omaha

Snodgrass - Non Omaha

Piper - Non Omaha

Jurgen - Non Omaha

Mapieu - Non Omaha

Allen - Non Omaha

Walker - Non Omaha

Bradley - Omaha

Stille - Non Omaha 

Englehaupt - Non Omaha

 

Drag out/Comitted elsewhere:

Hickman - Omaha

Henrich - Omaha

Williams - Non Omaha 

Fant - Omaha

Bubak - Non Omaha (actually committed N right away but flipped after coaching change)

 

Relatively speaking we've handled our business in the rest of the state the last 4 classes and kind of struggled in Omaha. It will take time to turn that around. 

 

Side note: I think landing Hickman and Henrich would speed up the process greatly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

It would suck (a lot), but isn't a red flag. But that's just my opinion. Omaha is weird right now with recruiting wise, the N doesn't carry near the weight it use to. I'm sure a main focus for the staff will be to plant a flag in Omaha, the rest of the state is already at that point (thankfully).

 

Year 3, as relationships are built and traction is gained....yes red flag.

I would be in line with type of thought. Realizing how high an in-state prospect (assuming it is Henrich) is on the board for Frost, it is a blow always to not get your top recruit. It would be harder to stomach for the staff that he is an in-state recruit. However, I wonder where the fault lines of blame are. Do you put the brunt of the blame on a new staff in Year 1 trying to rebuild the reputation of a program nationally and, don't kind yourself, in-state as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warrior10 said:

Look at the kids we've offered in the last four recruiting classes (2016-2019):

 

Committed soon after being offered:

Nelson - Non Omaha

Snodgrass - Non Omaha

Piper - Non Omaha

Jurgen - Non Omaha

Mapieu - Non Omaha

Allen - Non Omaha

Walker - Non Omaha

Bradley - Omaha

Stille - Non Omaha 

Englehaupt - Non Omaha

 

Drag out/Comitted elsewhere:

Hickman - Omaha

Henrich - Omaha

Williams - Non Omaha 

Fant - Omaha

Bubak - Non Omaha (actually committed N right away but flipped after coaching change)

 

Relatively speaking we've handled our business in the rest of the state the last 4 classes and kind of struggled in Omaha. It will take time to turn that around. 

 

Side note: I think landing Hickman and Henrich would speed up the process greatly. 

 

 

There is certainly work to be made up in Omaha, which is especially strange given how many former players are coaches in the city. It points to how damaged the relationship between the U and the schools in the city became over the last 15 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

 

There is certainly work to be made up in Omaha, which is especially strange given how many former players are coaches in the city. It points to how damaged the relationship between the U and the schools in the city became over the last 15 years. 

Yup, thankfully I think the brand can be restored relatively easy. But it won't happen overnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Look at the kids we've offered in the last four recruiting classes (2016-2019):

 

Committed soon after being offered:

Nelson - Non Omaha

Snodgrass - Non Omaha

Piper - Non Omaha

Jurgen - Non Omaha

Mapieu - Non Omaha

Allen - Non Omaha

Walker - Non Omaha

Bradley - Omaha

Stille - Non Omaha 

Englehaupt - Non Omaha

 

Drag out/Comitted elsewhere:

Hickman - Omaha

Henrich - Omaha

Williams - Non Omaha 

Fant - Omaha

Bubak - Non Omaha (actually committed N right away but flipped after coaching change)

 

Relatively speaking we've handled our business in the rest of the state the last 4 classes and kind of struggled in Omaha. It will take time to turn that around. 

 

Side note: I think landing Hickman and Henrich would speed up the process greatly. 

 

Well...Omaha is the biggest city in the state right? Probably should get it locked down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Well...Omaha is the biggest city in the state right? Probably should get it locked down.

Yeah, I don't know why Frost could not lock down Omaha recruiting over the last 4 Nebraska classes. I would rate him rather poor in that area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Yeah, I don't know why Frost could not lock down Omaha recruiting over the last 4 Nebraska classes. I would rate him rather poor in that area.

 

Really, it's an utter failure on his part. Grounds for dismissal, IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Yeah, I don't know why Frost could not lock down Omaha recruiting over the last 4 Nebraska classes. I would rate him rather poor in that area.

In defense of that comment, Riley tried to recruit the state as well. The only baffling one is Bryson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

I would be in line with type of thought. Realizing how high an in-state prospect (assuming it is Henrich) is on the board for Frost, it is a blow always to not get your top recruit. It would be harder to stomach for the staff that he is an in-state recruit. However, I wonder where the fault lines of blame are. Do you put the brunt of the blame on a new staff in Year 1 trying to rebuild the reputation of a program nationally and, don't kind yourself, in-state as well?

 

While it would sting if Henrich commits elsewhere we can't overlook the fact that he's an Iowa legacy, Iowa has mollywhopped Nebraska for the past few years and they've also had a history of churning out some outstanding LBs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have to realize as well that not all kids are fans of in-state teams believe it or not. As mentioned, his dad played at Iowa as well. As long as the coaches are offering kids who deserve a spot and continually recruit them that is all we can ask for. Hell, Scott Frost of all people even chose Stanford. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Well...Omaha is the biggest city in the state right? Probably should get it locked down.

 

It would be handy if Omaha would start pulling it's weight in producing Power 5 prospects as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

 

It would be handy if Omaha would start pulling it's weight in producing Power 5 prospects as well.

Absolutely. After @Warrior10 posted the Power 5 recruits in Nebraska over the last 4 cycles, it is clear Omaha is underproducing what the rest of Nebraska has done relative to population size. Though listening to people like Damon Benning and Matt Vrzal, radio personalities who coach in the metro, it sounds like Omaha will be talent rich over the next couple of recruiting cycles. The fact that Frost's staff is getting a lot of  face time OPS HS now may pay out with future talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On with Sharp and Benning this morning... Didn't have a top 5 yet. Didn't have anything really one way or another towards Nebraska that I could tell. Wants to commit before Senior Year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

 

Yup. I saw the same thing and 100% figured it was Henrich. So, does this change anyone's mind? Is it a big deal if Frost misses out on his #1 guy in 2019?

Disappointing.... yes.  Disastrous...no.  Indication of how his tenure here will go....no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Disappointing.... yes.  Disastrous...no.  Indication of how his tenure here will go....no.

Once upon a time Frost was the #1 target of Osborne. Nebraska did not land Frost at the time- and we were humming as the top program in the country at the time. So if Frost misses on Henrich in his first full recruiting cycle trying to rebuild the brand. Doesnt bother me personally at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

It would be handy if Omaha would start pulling it's weight in producing Power 5 prospects as well.

 

It's getting better in recent years, but the lack of good prospect from both Lincoln and Omaha the past 10 or so years has been staggering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

In defense of that comment, Riley tried to recruit the state as well. The only baffling one is Bryson.

 

I blame Diaco and his exact measurables per position.  It happened at ND also.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

It's getting better in recent years, but the lack of good prospect from both Lincoln and Omaha the past 10 or so years has been staggering. 

 

I don't think it's really been better recently.  In the past three years, only Fant and Bradly have been in the Top 5 rated prospects in Nebraska that went to high school in the Metro.  It looks like it may be getting better going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

I don't think it's really been better recently.  In the past three years, only Fant and Bradly have been in the Top 5 rated prospects in Nebraska that went to high school in the Metro.  It looks like it may be getting better going forward.

 

I did some looking, and out of the top 5 recruits in the state (as ranked by 247) in the last 5 cycles (2015-2019), the Omaha Metro has produced 9 of the top 25 recruits in the state. In terms of a ratio of size to the rest of the state, that proportion is way out of whack. 

 

To further illustrate your point, 2015 had 4 of those recruits. 2018 had none. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×