How does this team improve in 2018?

Well in my estimation they need a few stronger starters, a long middle reliever to carry it when stuff isn't working, and bats.

Too often this offense relies on runs through walks, HBP, wild pitches, a sac or ground out....

Lots and lots of strikeouts with runners on the bags all season (and the past few).

The pitching could be there if the bats were more lively. It's aluminum college baseball for heaven's sake. Swing away!

Well in my estimation they need a few stronger starters, a long middle reliever to carry it when stuff isn't working, and bats.

Too often this offense relies on runs through walks, HBP, wild pitches, a sac or ground out....

Lots and lots of strikeouts with runners on the bags all season (and the past few).

The pitching could be there if the bats were more lively. It's aluminum college baseball for heaven's sake. Swing away!

It's BBCore, ball doesn't fly as it once did.

I think Kirby is a good assistant, but not the one Nebraska needed when Bolt left. Fullerton was never an offensive juggernaut. Erstad said we'd have guys flying all over the baespaths, "chaos", to be specific, and we've had very little of that, at least in the positive sense (DPs and that one triple play being fairly chaotic in their own way, I guess).

A few things

• I think that Erstad and company need to get on the recruiting trail a bit more far flung. Two California kids, most are from Big Ten country. While there are talented baseball players around the region I think we need to compete more for the national targets if we want to compete on the national stage.
  • Coaching staff, we need to spend some money to get some experienced coaches from teams with post season pedigree. The athletic department makes more than enough money and have already infested in the facilities. Let's steal a coach or two from some teams with consistent CWS experience.
  • Preparation. Something is wrong when there is this consistent lackluster performance in the post season. They need to examine how they get ready, maybe bring in an outside perspective.

This is a big point that stuck out to me for two reasons: 1) ever since Will Bolt left, we have yet to find a quality replacement and our hitting has suffered since then, and 2) IIRC, Erstad is taking base minimum as a coach, which is why we're able to pay top dollar and keep Silva on.

We have the money to go get a quality, proven coach that's going to work with Erstad and improve the cache of this program. It just requires Eichorst actually getting off his sorry *** and helping to do something about it.

How does Eichorst go out and find us a good assistant coach? Isn't that supposed to be Erstad's job which should be a bit easier taking the pay cut to offer a bit more than other schools? The investment Nebraska (Eichorst indirectly) has in baseball is much more than many schools who perform well in post season games and don't go 1-2, 0-2 BBQ.

NU hit 25 homeruns as a team. Good for a tie at 234 out of 295.

Wake Forest hit 101

Switch from Adidas bats to Demarini or Louisville Slugger.

we weren't visually any worse with adidas bats than we were with Rawlings. I think Adidas just started making bats this year anyways.

we weren't visually any worse with adidas bats than we were with Rawlings. I think Adidas just started making bats this year anyways.

We have used Adidas for a couple years now. Rawlings bats are horrible also. lol

We have used Adidas for a couple years now. Rawlings bats are horrible also. lol

hmm I guess I didn't pay enough attention last year lol

I doubt that Adidas is "making bats". I know they have the Adidas label/brand, but they are probably outsourcing the bat manufacturing to a different company. I have no clue who that is though.

I doubt that Adidas is "making bats". I know they have the Adidas label/brand, but they are probably outsourcing the bat manufacturing to a different company. I have no clue who that is though.
Decided to Google and found this

https://www.si.com/edge/2015/06/17/tech-talk-adidas-taylormade-carbon-baseball-bat

You have to wonder what's so special about Corvallis, Oregon?

Getting the mixture of talent and coaching. Casey is a special coach. You can see why they've only lost 4 times. The way they approach the game is amazing. If they can finish it out, they will easily be one of the best college baseball team record wise.

I do find it hard to believe that we are really missing one coach this much. Didn't Oklahoma fire their head coach or Alabama I believe, would be nice to get some more southern ties.