QB Max Duggan [TCU - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Duggan commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/16/2018 at 03:25 AM

Interesting comments from Schaefer this morning on Sharpe and Benning. Sounds like the staff was trying to slow play him a bit to allow them to evaluate other prospects but they may have slow played him into looking more at Minnesota and ND. Not sure it means the staff wouldn’t take him, but it does sound like they have a few higher on the board than him. 

STAR-TELEGRAM ARTICLE

Could this four-star QB end up at TCU? One expert thinks so

Things are really heating up for four-star quarterback Max Duggan on the recruiting front.

The Council Bluffs (IA) Lewis Central prospect, ranked as the No. 4 dual-threat passer in the country by 247Sports, is nearing a college decision. While no exact time table has been set, TCU is squarely in the mix.

One recruiting expert has even gone as far as to put in a Crystal Ball projection for TCU in regards to where he believes Duggan will end up. That came from Jeremy Clark, publisher of HornedFrogBlitz.com.

The Frogs have some stiff competition for Duggan, who recently visited Minnesota for the fourth time. Over 50 percent of the Crystal Ball predictions for Duggan have been made for Minnesota (52 percent), with 38 percent going for Nebraska.

In addition to TCU and Minnesota, Duggan also took March visits to Ohio State and Notre Dame. He told Wiltfong he would take the next couple of weeks to think about things and then potentially make a decision after that.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I'm confused on this one.  Is he simply not the type of QB Frost is looking for?  The guy has pretty major offers and he's in our back yard.

Why does it seem like we have cooled on him?

Yep I think Frost has other QBs higher on the board

I will wait with anticipation to hear what QB's he thinks we can land that are better than this guy.  He's highly rated already so quite a view that we have others higher that he thinks we can land.  For me, I would have wanted to pursue him and lock him up and then go after the other ... but I'd be willing to put two scholarships toward the position.  

In the end ... IN FROST I TRUST!  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ADS said:

No it used to be “should we even take a QB in this class?”.

That too.  But I was just talking in general about players in close proximity to Lincoln but the coaches "have someone higher on their board." 

And then that player goes somewhere else and does very well.

And then we, as fans, lament how said coach could let that player get away.

• Plus1 3
30 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yep I think Frost has other QBs higher on the board

I believe in Frost and I don't even know a fraction about football and what he and the QB coach do.  

But, this one just seems to fly in the face of what the message out of the program has been about local recruiting.  This kid is an hour away from Lincoln and he's grown up knowing the program and you would think has the passion of a local kid.

So, I have to think there is something that is pushing Frost away.  The logical thing is that he's not a QB that could run Frost's offense.  Well, looking at the offer list, there are major programs that run offenses that use a mobile QB.

It's just puzzling.

• Plus1 3

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I believe in Frost and I don't even know a fraction about football and what he and the QB coach do.  

But, this one just seems to fly in the face of what the message out of the program has been about local recruiting.  This kid is an hour away from Lincoln and he's grown up knowing the program and you would think has the passion of a local kid.

So, I have to think there is something that is pushing Frost away.  The logical thing is that he's not a QB that could run Frost's offense.  Well, looking at the offer list, there are major programs that run offenses that use a mobile QB.

It's just puzzling.

I think it's a bit different for QBs.  You pretty much only take one per class so you're really going after the guy(s) you want the most.  At any other position, you can usually afford to take a guy who might be a bit more of a project and still get other guys who are a bit more of a finished project.

I don't know what the deal is with Duggan.  But I don't think it really has much bearing on the overall philosophy.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:
  1. There are higher prospects on the board
  2. We also have a guy named Adrian Martinez so I'm not all worried about the 19' QB 

1. Being a prospect doesn't really mean anything if you don't get a commitment

2.  Frost said he might take 2 QB's in 19 so Martinez being on the roster doesn't mean anything to the 2019 recruiting cycle

Edited by StPaulHusker
  • Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Max Duggan [TCU - Signed LOI]