QB Max Duggan [TCU - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Duggan commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/16/2018 at 03:25 AM

11 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

1. Being a prospect doesn't really mean anything if you don't get a commitment

2.  Frost said he might take 2 QB's in 19 so Martinez being on the roster doesn't mean anything to the 2019 recruiting cycle

The only reason we would is that getting guys that fit our system better or someone leaves. I'm almost positive he is all about only taking 1 QB per cycle. 

3 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Not trying to pick on you, StPaul, but...

tenor.gif?itemid=9318225

I guess what i am getting at is we've been down this road before with coaches having "high priority" prospects when there was a very good player right in the backyard that was ignored.  So the faith I have in this coaching staff being able to reel in some big time QB is going to be tempered until they actually consistently can do so.

• Plus1 3

Fair point. QB is the position where "fit" is the most important. My perspective would be, if the staff has several others significantly ahead of Duggan because of their skillset, then they have to look hard at those prospects first. If they are ahead but only just, you are probably right that starting in your own backyard may be a preferred option.

1.  Duggan hasn't actually committed somewhere else yet

2.  It's only the 1st week of April, we can wait to worry about not having a QB until at least June

3.  We have no idea which QB's this staff is most interested in and talking to most (including Duggan)

If he commits elsewhere and we have no legitimate QB prospects by the start of the season, I'd by pretty surprised.

Back to the lecture at hand....

I don't know if I would hold my breath here; it seems as though Duggan hasn't visited Lincoln since Frost took over. That coincides with a lot of the new offers he's gotten. I've thought for awhile that if he got an ND offer, he'd be going there, but there is a lot of smoke around Minnesota. 

Some guest on the S&B show, BC or Thorr Trip (I think), spoke about the Duggan situation. Said he fits and could end up at OSU or PSU. 

Regardless of how this ends, It’s going to take on field results to win some battles over teams who are currently sitting where we want to be. Some kids seek tougher competition than the sure deal, like they apparently sold that Baptiste kid on. 

Could be interesting to revisit in December. 

• Mavric changed the title to QB Max Duggan [TCU - Signed LOI]