QB Max Duggan [TCU - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Duggan commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/16/2018 at 03:25 AM

19 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

I get that he is a local kid and all.  However, until 2 weeks ago SF had zero reason to be focusing on this kid.  That is now changing however most of this staff's focus for the next 9 days needs to be on 2018 kids.  I'm sure starting on December 21st more attention will be put towards 2019 and 2020 kids - MD being one of them.

2019 offers have gone out in Texas, Florida and Virginia this last week. If Duggan wasn't at least contacted, I think it's a problem. With QB's you have to start early, as they typically commit early.

20 hours ago, HANC said:

I coach Iowa HS football. If we dont offer kid, it is a shame. He fits this offense BETTER than MR offense. Who was the last non-mobile qb that Ohio State had.  He has huge offers from big 10 schools and beyond

I thought Duggan was offered by the former staff, and Frost offered him at UCF.  From that, I would say he still has an offer from Nebraska.

EDIT:  His 247 profile shows him with an offer from Nebraska.  https://247sports.com/Player/Max-Duggan-87561

Edited by ColoradoHusk
1 minute ago, Warrior10 said:

2019 offers have gone out in Texas, Florida and Virginia this last week. If Duggan wasn't at least contacted, I think it's a problem. With QB's you have to start early, as they typically commit early.

He has a Nebraska offer, and I am sure Kenny Wilhite and other recruiting staffers have been reaching out to him.

32 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I get that offers have went out - however i'm guessing zero of those offers were sent out without a relationship established.  I will not speak for the staff, however my guess is that they contacted him showing interest and stated their intentions based on the need to get thru the next 10 days.  I feel like an offer without any relationship is hollow and doesn't show that they care about the "person" and are only offering based on a "rating" - treating people like a number doesn't seem to be SF's style.

13 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

I get that offers have went out - however i'm guessing zero of those offers were sent out without a relationship established.  I will not speak for the staff, however my guess is that they contacted him showing interest and stated their intentions based on the need to get thru the next 10 days.  I feel like an offer without any relationship is hollow and doesn't show that they care about the "person" and are only offering based on a "rating" - treating people like a number doesn't seem to be SF's style.

I agree they've likely contacted him in some fashion. I was more saying there isn't an "time" excuse. If you are interested in that caliber of player who lives 60 miles away you better make him a priority quick. Urban and Franklin won't be waiting around to give us a chance. 

We have a lot of work to do here. I know with 100% certainty that Nebraska was not on his radar under the old staff. If he fits the new system, which he does in my opinion, and SF wants him, there is some work to do. Better preach academics as much as football we want to stay in the running.

2 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

This is not like the grocery store where the first there gets to buy the player.  MD is a smart kid and understands that SF, UM and JF are not all at the same place in their current coaching gigs.

Relationships matter. Relationships take time to form. If Urb and JF are building a relationship and we are waiting and focusing on others, it's to their advantage.

1 hour ago, HANC said:

We have a lot of work to do here. I know with 100% certainty that Nebraska was not on his radar under the old staff. If he fits the new system, which he does in my opinion, and SF wants him, there is some work to do. Better preach academics as much as football we want to stay in the running.

Thanks for the info Hanc. Are academics a big enough point that NW and Vandy are serious threats?

I don't have enough information on his feelings about either of those two schools to say yes or no.  I just know that after his under the lights camps, Nebraska wasn't high on list, if at all. My gut says he will stay close to the Big 10 (which obviously NW is attractive academically).  IMO, Nebraska has strong academics and hopefully SF's system will fit him.

Sorry I wasn't any help.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Max Duggan [TCU - Signed LOI]