QB Max Duggan [TCU - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Duggan commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/16/2018 at 03:25 AM

If Riley was really that concerned about "winning locally" he would have offered this kid sooner than getting dumped by Gunnel

I don't necessarily buy that. He's a clear back-up plan, but they shot for the moon with Gunnell; he's going to be the #1 or #2 QB in next year's class. Duggan will still be a top 10-15 QB when it's said and done, though.

And I don't buy Riley is trying to win locally by making a top 10-15 QB 50 miles away the backup plan.

Are you suggesting that it is better to take a kid that is a dozen spots lower because he is in the radius or are you saying that MR is not focusing on the radius as his #1 priority?

I personally think that a blend of the two are very important.

I'm not saying either of those things. I am saying that offering a kid within the radius as a back up plan because you failed at getting a Texas player does not equate to "winning local recruiting battles."

If he signs with Nebraska, it most certainly does.

Then offer the kid in the first place.

And in addition-Is this kid worth not taking a 2018 QB? Because that's where we are with these decisions

If Riley was really that concerned about "winning locally" he would have offered this kid sooner than getting dumped by Gunnel

I don't necessarily buy that. He's a clear back-up plan, but they shot for the moon with Gunnell; he's going to be the #1 or #2 QB in next year's class. Duggan will still be a top 10-15 QB when it's said and done, though.

And I don't buy Riley is trying to win locally by making a top 10-15 QB 50 miles away the backup plan.

Are you suggesting that it is better to take a kid that is a dozen spots lower because he is in the radius or are you saying that MR is not focusing on the radius as his #1 priority?

I'm not saying either of those things. I am saying that offering a kid within the radius as a back up plan because you failed at getting a Texas player does not equate to "winning local recruiting battles."

And in addition-Is this kid worth not taking a 2018 QB? Because that's where we are with these decisions

I'm sure that MR and Langs have hashed this out many times. Probably they decided that with 3 schollie QB's, a couple solid walk ons and the limited class size for 2018 that they want to take a player that has a chance to see the field earlier. It comes down to how much they trust the O line, our QB's ability to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately and our young receiving corp's ability to catch. Is it a gamble?.....sure but that is why our coaches make the big money and we sit here on a discussion board.

SMDH.

And no. We need a 2018 kid now.

So NU is supposed to offer any local kid that might be down the list - just in case we miss on the x amount of players above them. At the same time, we have fans complain that the staff is offering kids with non-committable offers - seems like that would take some really good predicting the future to find the window. Or maybe the staff is just up front with this guy and told him NU really like him however we have told our top choice that we need a decision by x date.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like he will be in town this weekend too. Nice!! Even though he is only about an hour away, you have to think we are in a good position for him to be here back to back weekends. Let him toss the ball around with Allen, Moore, Brown, and Pledger.

Would give him a taste of the type of talent he would be working with in Lincoln.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Max Duggan [TCU - Signed LOI]