The HBO JoPa movie is "on" again.... with Al Pacino

I wonder how unbiased this thing will be in regards to Paterno's role. It seems like the bias runs strong on both sides. Some ardent PSU supporters maintain that Joe Pa is innocent of wrongdoing. While other people think his actions were criminal.

The truth is probably somewhere in between. :dunno:

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

http://deadline.com/2017/06/riley-keogh-cast-joe-paterno-hbo-movie-penn-state-scandal-1202117093/

Update:

Written by Debora Cahn, John C. Richards and David McKenna, the film centers on legendary coach Joe Paterno (Pacino), who, after becoming the winningest coach in college football history, is embroiled in Penn State’s Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse scandal, challenging his legacy and forcing him to face questions of institutional failure on behalf of the victims.

Keough will play Sara Ganim, the 23-year-old journalist who first reported on the Sandusky case, bringing it to the attention of the Happy Valley, PA, community and national media. She won a Pulitzer Prize for her reporting.

The article says Keough will "co-star" with Pacino. Given the fact that Sara Ganim was only involved with this story post-2009, it looks like the focus will be more on the recent scandal, and less on JoePa's illustrious career. I'm OK with that.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/riley-keogh-cast-joe-paterno-hbo-movie-penn-state-scandal-1202117093/

Update:

Written by Debora Cahn, John C. Richards and David McKenna, the film centers on legendary coach Joe Paterno (Pacino), who, after becoming the winningest coach in college football history, is embroiled in Penn States Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse scandal, challenging his legacy and forcing him to face questions of institutional failure on behalf of the victims.

Keough will play Sara Ganim, the 23-year-old journalist who first reported on the Sandusky case, bringing it to the attention of the Happy Valley, PA, community and national media. She won a Pulitzer Prize for her reporting.

The article says Keough will "co-star" with Pacino. Given the fact that Sara Ganim was only involved with this story post-2009, it looks like the focus will be more on the recent scandal, and less on JoePa's illustrious career. I'm OK with that.

Pacino is my favorite actor when he actually wants to act. Riley Keough gave one of my favorite performances ever in Lovesong. I'm definitely watching this one when it airs!

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Image result for joe paterno hbo statue

The Jo Pa Statue in the movie will be a little different....

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/08/slump-shouldered_joe_paterno_s.html

[...] But even Joe Paterno, who died in 2012 at age 84, reportedly didn't like his statue's up-raised index finger, [...]

[...]  We’re No. 1. That’s what that finger said. To Paterno, that finger was proof that they never got him, never really understood what drove him."  Could this be why the statue was changed for the film?

Perhaps it's something as simple as a copyright issue regarding the original work of art.

Or is the HBO film starring Pacino as Joe Paterno attempting to alter history with its seemingly humbled homage to the fallen-from-grace coach?

It’s simply not known yet how the altered statue figures into the film.

• Plus1 1
  • 5 months later...