Females College Students Out-Number Males 2:1

I would like to think about this thread the other direction.

I think it's fantastic that women feel empowered and want to go to college to improve their future.

My bigger question is, why aren't men going to college at the same rate? Does this statistic take into account trade schools and community colleges?

I was thinking the same thing. I know lots of male students that are going into welding, electrical and plumbing

I wonder about that too. When you think of female-dominated decent careers, even those with modest pay tend to require a 4-year degree. I'm thinking nursing and teaching.

Also, there has been a huge demand for nurses for a long time. I wonder how much of the discrepancy is due solely to women going to college for nursing.

Also also, I think this is a national trend but the article is about Colorado. Colorado has a lot of high income, wealthy people. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a slightly older population overall. Not on the Florida level but I would guess there are lots in their 50s and 60s. On the other hand Colordo tends to be a healthier state, so... I have no idea.

I wonder about that too. When you think of female-dominated decent careers, even those with modest pay tend to require a 4-year degree. I'm thinking nursing and teaching.

Also, there has been a huge demand for nurses for a long time. I wonder how much of the discrepancy is due solely to women going to college for nursing.

Valid points.

But, I believe this is a broader phenomena than that. I know for a long time now, women out number men in vet schools. My daughter is going into dental school and it's the same way.

So, even in traditionally male dominated professional programs, we are seeing more women than men.

Honestly most female students are husband searched (mating). Nature calls ..... animal behaviors including humans

Ha ha! Isn't that true of male students as well?

No, all male students are horny as hell except suffering brain defects (gays). Don't matter marriage or not. Females ..... mostly breeding process with perfect world (marriage) except lesbians. Also lots of gold diggers.

:sarcasm or not ? ...... I'm not telling you !!

Are you saying gay guys aren't horny?

I know you're old and you're clearly speaking from an oldentimes viewpoint. By and large women go to college to get a degree so they can land a job. There will still be some who are hunting for a man to support them but I highly doubt that is even over 25% of them.

Not exactly, gays are not male-female relationships. Of course, gay male to male relationships ARE horny ...... but I can't handle it IMO. My close friend in my workplace was gay person and vietnam vet background. Secret sexuality until drunk new years party; spill the beans. He's similar to Mike Tyson face and deep voice ... unusual huh? BTW, still close friends

The reason the AIDS virus spread so quickly in the gay men community is that they were super horny dudes who wanted to bang a ton of other super horny dudes. Plus, condoms were thought to be birth control before they were used as disease control. That's science.
That's not allowed in this forum don't ya know?

:sarcasm