Quincy Enunwa

seaofred92

Enunwa has had a very good career in the NFL, and it's awesome for him. I do question whether he has the speed to be an effective #1 WR, but all the luck to him.

didn't he get a 4.4ish 40 at the combine?

Seeing he did run a 4.45 40, and while that is very good, that was a few years ago. I just have heard NFL guys saying he doesn't have the top speed and quickness you need in a #1 receiver. I credit him for finding a place in the NFL and utilizing his skills, but he was basically a hybrid TE, as a slot receiver for the Jets, when they had Marshall and Decker. I'm not trying to be a jerk, and I want him to do great.

Enunwa has had a very good career in the NFL, and it's awesome for him. I do question whether he has the speed to be an effective #1 WR, but all the luck to him.

Seeing he did run a 4.45 40, and while that is very good, that was a few years ago. I just have heard NFL guys saying he doesn't have the top speed and quickness you need in a #1 receiver. I credit him for finding a place in the NFL and utilizing his skills, but he was basically a hybrid TE, as a slot receiver for the Jets, when they had Marshall and Decker. I'm not trying to be a jerk, and I want him to do great.
I think I get what you're saying. Although he's "fast" in a straight line, he's maybe not as "quick" as say an AJ Green, Chad Johnson or that type of receiver when moving laterally.

I think I get what you're saying. Although he's "fast" in a straight line, he's maybe not as "quick" as say an AJ Green, Chad Johnson or that type of receiver when moving laterally.

Yeah, pretty much.

• 2 months later...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20276194/new-york-jets-put-quincy-enunwa-injured-reserve

New York Jets wide receiver Quincy Enunwa, who aggravated a neck injury Saturday night in a practice at MetLife Stadium, is being placed on injured reserve, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

A source confirmed that Enunwa will miss the entire season, as the NFL Network first reported.
This is a significant setback for the Jets' receiving corps, already the most inexperienced position on the team.
Enunwa was slated to be their No. 1 receiver and leader of the group. He led the Jets last season with 857 receiving yards on 58 catches.
  • Fire 1

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20276194/new-york-jets-put-quincy-enunwa-injured-reserve

New York Jets wide receiver Quincy Enunwa, who aggravated a neck injury Saturday night in a practice at MetLife Stadium, is being placed on injured reserve, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

A source confirmed that Enunwa will miss the entire season, as the NFL Network first reported.
This is a significant setback for the Jets' receiving corps, already the most inexperienced position on the team.
Enunwa was slated to be their No. 1 receiver and leader of the group. He led the Jets last season with 857 receiving yards on 58 catches.

Bummer. Hope he is ok.

He always had decent speed, good hands and was a good route runner with excellent upper body strength I thought. He'll be back.

I really felt sorry for him at times, as he took some massive hits because our wannabe QBs hung his ass out to dry so often. He was a tough sum bitch though, I'll definitely give him that.

Some of my favorite plays of his weren't even of him catching the ball
  • Mavric changed the title to Quincy Enunwa

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...