Bob Stoops Retiring

Since my Brownies have the most trigger happy owner in the history of football/truck stop fraudsters, I expect him to be wearing a Brown and orange visor in a week's time.

His name is always abuzz every year when the pound is looking for a new head honcho. Hell, they'll probably give him the Chip Kelly/Mike Holmgren coach/GM deal.

Since my Brownies have the most trigger happy owner in the history of football/truck stop fraudsters, I expect him to be wears a Brown and orange visor in a week's time.

His name is always abuzz every year when the pound is looking for a new head honcho. Hell, they'll probably give him the Chip Kelly/Mike Holmgren coach/GM deal.

Not saying it couldn't happen but if he thought college football was a never ending cycle, the NFL isn't for him either.

What if it's another dick Urban Meyer move. Retire then come back. Kstate is a huge step down from Oklahoma but they'd take him in a heart beat when Snyder kicks the bucket

There will be much bigger programs than K-State that will take Stoops in a heartbeat in the next couple of years if he wants to get back into coaching.

What if it's another dick Urban Meyer move. Retire then come back. Kstate is a huge step down from Oklahoma but they'd take him in a heart beat when Snyder kicks the bucket

There will be much bigger programs than K-State that will take Stoops in a heartbeat in the next couple of years if he wants to get back into coaching.

Plus - Wasn't there a rumor when the Florida job was open that Stoops' wife wanted him to get that job because she hated living in Norman, and wanted to move?

If true, why in sam-hell would they want to go to Manhattan, KS? I'm guessing somewhere warm. Is he a golfer?

Plus - Wasn't there a rumor when the Florida job was open that Stoops' wife wanted him to get that job because she hated living in Norman, and wanted to move?

If true, why in sam-hell would they want to go to Manhattan, KS? I'm guessing somewhere warm. Is he a golfer?

Every program named sounds like a step down from Oklahoma. Except the Browns, that's more like a sinkhole.

Tangentially related, but I still wonder if Tressel might get back into coaching. The sanctions against him expired at the end of last year. I know he said he's done, but if the right school offered to back a Brinks truck up to his door...

• 2 weeks later...

This is crazy:

With Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops deciding to retire on Wednesday, there are only four active FBS head coaches who have won national titles: Alabama's Nick Saban, Ohio State's Urban Meyer, FSU's Jimbo Fisher and Clemson's Dabo Swinney.

ESPN

FWIW, Dabo beat the other 3 last season.

True, but both Dabo and Fisher only won one, and on a game ending drive led by an NFL quality qb.

This is crazy:

With Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops deciding to retire on Wednesday, there are only four active FBS head coaches who have won national titles: Alabama's Nick Saban, Ohio State's Urban Meyer, FSU's Jimbo Fisher and Clemson's Dabo Swinney.

ESPN

FWIW, Dabo beat the other 3 last season.

True, but both Dabo and Fisher only won one, and on a game ending drive led by an NFL quality qb.

Ok? A W, or in this case, 3 Ws are Ws. Go ahead and point out that one was "a game ending drive led by an NFL quality qb," but don't leave out that he beat Ohio State 31-0. One of the few times Urban has ever been shut out.