McDermott Offered tOSU Job

Mavric

I think one of the things to keep in mind is that Thad Matta had only one non 20 win season (which was this past season) the whole time he was at OSU. Meanwhile, McD has had 11 non 20 win seasons (don't quote me on those numbers; what I was told. hah). There is a reason people get up in arms. Hell, remember when Riley was announced coach at Nebraska; you guys were up in arms about bringing in a subpar coach.

• Fire 1

I know a few people close to the program. There definitely was an offer for McDermott at around $3.5M/yr. Creighton is working to get him "North of $2M/yr" on a new contract.

You might be right...I don't think there was ever an "offer" but that is just a guess. With that said, I have a hard time thinking they even had interest in him.

So Creighton job > tOSU job??

Just a guess...with OSU comes real expectations and real fans being annoying. OSU just fired their all time winningest coach after 1 bad season and 1 below average season. If Mac was offered (I don't think he was) I am sure that weighed on his mind.

I know a few people close to the program. There definitely was an offer for McDermott at around $3.5M/yr. Creighton is working to get him "North of $2M/yr" on a new contract.

If true, then Holtmann needs a better agent. Because I believe he is going to take the job for slightly less money. Holtmann was one of OSU's original targets.

Just a guess...with OSU comes real expectations and real fans being annoying. OSU just fired their all time winningest coach after 1 bad season and 1 below average season. If Mac was offered (I don't think he was) I am sure that weighed on his mind.

I think it was slightly more complicated than that.

I think it was slightly more complicated than that.

Sure...recruiting went way south for some reason too.

You might be right...I don't think there was ever an "offer" but that is just a guess. With that said, I have a hard time thinking they even had interest in him.

I had 2 different sources tell me this and they are from different circles. There was an offer.

I had 2 different sources tell me this and they are from different circles. There was an offer.

Can I ask...who are the sources?

I just don't think they ever put a contract in front of him.

You can ask. But that's as far as it will go. Believe me or don't. I passed along some information. I don't care enough about Creighton basketball to make a thing of this.

You can ask. But that's as far as it will go. Believe me or don't. I passed along some information. I don't care enough about Creighton basketball to make a thing of this.

Same here.