LandOf10: Iowa-Nebraska series sizzling toward rivalry status

Rivalry Talk  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Neutral site isn't ideal for any conference matchup save for the RRR.  But out of all the Big Ten teams, Penn State is still head and shoulders our most appealing potential rivalry for Black Friday.  Wisconsin and Iowa would both rather play eachother to close the season, I would prefer it too.

9 hours ago, Redux said:

I completely agree that travel makes a yearly Black Friday matchup vs PSU very difficult.  I would suggest every 3rd year could be a neutral site meeting if it didn't affect revenue so harshly.  But if the teams are good, and I feel like both are close to being near that upper echelon again, it won't matter.  After 10yrs of that game being played, it will feel like a storied rivalry.

85_1113.jpg

Seriously, does this image not just scream college football?

I know it is just me, but I can not get over the fact that for at least 20 years PSU sought to maintain a competitive advantage by protecting successful coaches and covering up sexual abuse of children that was occurring in their facilities.  

I will not now nor will I ever grant them the honor of being my rival.

• Plus1 3

On 5/23/2018 at 11:53 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

Then we'll play them on Black Saturday.  Wisconsin needs to be the team we finish the regular season with.  Come on Caveman99, make it happen.  I know you got the clout.  ;)

Wisconsin has 0% interest in ending the season playing us. We don't matter to them. 

20 hours ago, Saunders said:

Ya'll gotta consider travel too. Going to Madison or Happy Valley for an away game (or vice versa) is gonna be very hard for fans. Much different then hopping in the car for a few hours.

Madison is only a half hour further away from Lincoln than Norman, Oklahoma, and a shorter distance than Boulder, Colorado. But, again, Wisconsin doesn't care about us, and that won't ever happen.

On 5/24/2018 at 5:43 AM, Redux said:

It's a great matchuo and one we never should have let slip away from annual status during the reshift, but all the higher ups could think about was a fabricated rivalry and trophy between two farm states.  Yank.  Give us Iowa in week 1, I bet we don't lose to them for another 20 years.  They almost always suck out if the gate and find their footing by November.

I think you meant Yarf.

It was launched like two years ago. Not very old, but long enough for Cox to decide there's no money in it, it seems.

Reminds me of HuddlePass, another here today gone tomorrow site that started like 5 years ago. They had I think Eric Crouch and Zac Lee contributing on that one, but it never really caught on.

35 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

He doesn't have an argument. He's just upset that someone called Iowa a rival, I understand, I got the same way when people used to call Colorado a rival. But that's all it is on his part, someone called little old pissant Iowa a rival

The way I see it is we just need to get better so we can return to stomping the pissants of this world back into the dirt where they belong. Then these conversations might not happen.

You just quoted an 11-month old post.

• Plus1 1