2017 Alternate Uniforms

2017 Alternate Uniforms  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So.....the best "alternate" uniforms Adidas has given us.......aren't really alternate.

Yep. That's really the only complaint I have with Adidas. I like their products that I have personally owned. Their base stuff seems to be good. But they apparently don't have anyone with any creativity. The real alternates they've had for us have been slightly-above-average at best to pretty bad at worst.

Apparently they can be handed a design and be told "this is what we want" and have it turn out pretty well. Other than that .... not so much.

While I understand Adidas' decision to include the three stripes, I would have preferred they just had "adidas" on the shoulder. That would have helped the cluttered look immensely. The patch and TV numbers are off, but overall it's a cool look and I'm cool with it being my son's first "alternate" jersey.

• Fire 1

The undershirts with the stripes are hideous. Hell, most jerseys had the sleeves tucked under so you couldn't even tell there were sleeve stripes (see DL/Manning pic).

Couldn't agree more. These '97 style jersey's are the bomb though. So much better than any of the jersey's we've had for like ever. Wish they still wore their old school style uni's personally.

I've moved several posts about Scott Frost from this thread and into the woodshed. That discussion can continue there I suppose as I can see that starting to go south a little. This thread is about the alternate uniforms, not people's opinion on Scott Frost's play from 1997.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming! :thumbs

• Fire 1

Adidas finally got it right.

I think Nebraska should make these 97-throwback uniforms along with the 1962-throwback uniforms part of a permanent rotation when we want to do an alternate uniform game.

1997 - Throwback Alternate honorning 97 National Championship team.

597a1ecb5497d.image.jpg

1962 - Throwback Alternate honorning the first year the sellout streak began

57bda828d30d7.image.jpg

Hopefully in a few years we can add in a 1971 throwback alternate as well.

Nebraska+Cornhuskers+1971.jpg

While I understand Adidas' decision to include the three stripes, I would have preferred they just had "adidas" on the shoulder. That would have helped the cluttered look immensely. The patch and TV numbers are off, but overall it's a cool look and I'm cool with it being my son's first "alternate" jersey.

Same goes for the adidas logo on the pants; lose the stripes, switch to the left hip, and should be red instead of black.

It doesn't ruin it for me at all, just minor quibbles. It just seems odd that they'd leave out these details.